106 KMEL On The Block (i miss those days)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2004
you should look for SCOCIOUS....he was the master of recording new joints from that show.

yeah i feel you those were the days....seems like the bay was coming with more quality music than now, and no one even really had major deals at the time.

I remember the big thread on here in BART with all the song names of the On the Block playlist every weekend.....2002/03/04 shit

May 11, 2005
THEY HAD 2 STOP!!! NOPE THEY WANTED TO STOP!!! THANK BIG VON FOR THAT!!! THEY STOPPED RIGHT AFTER FAB STOPPED HIS SHOW.. NO NEED TO HAVE THE SHOW ANYMORE!!! ACCORDING TO THEM!!!

It seemed like there was more quality music coming out then because we heard more.. YEE
G. ARCHER

Apr 25, 2002
the early/ mid 90's was the shit on KMEL.........

i used to have a gang of recorded tapes, damn near all them was from the 10 o'clock bomb from back then.......

street soldiers was the shit back then too.......

Oct 13, 2003
those were the days early 90s ...ill have to look thru the boxes i got , i have bunch of wake up show tapes and mixes from kmel..i remember that fool theo comin on late night talkin all smooth lol

Jan 21, 2009
I remember listening to those shows as well as hearing Bay music all during the day and it made the Bay feel like it had something to be proud of representing. This was pre every single person make a hyphy song. This was when the Team had their style catching fire, Quinn was making great songs for the radio, Keak's street sound was finally getting the credit it desrved, The Frontline was making hot radio shit as well as being lyrical, EA-Ski, Ric Roc, ect...This is no more. And it is NOT all KMEL's fault that artist saw a thing because it was getting national attention and ran it into the ground. Not to say that KMEL was cool, but the death of the Bay was a joint venture between a hand full of artist just trying to do whatever to get attention and KMEL/Clear Channel.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
those days? I miss the days they played bay shit on normal hours...

I miss when almost every night was prominently bay mix, so much it wasn't different then any other song playing

I miss the time songs like Mac Mall sick wit this was #1 for like 5 or 6 weeks on kmel...

not just a late ass sunday night show