OFFICIAL X-RAIDED THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ispeakthetruth

Jul 27, 2008
For a minute, lets take a look at things..

The allure of a man being able to record albums while serving out a lengthy prison sentence is over. X-Raided is an extremely talented individual. While we have enjoyed his classic material that he recorded during his most difficult moments, he has moved on, and so has the time. This is a man who has spent what? 26 years in prison, basically since he was a teenager. He is now in his mid 40's I assume..

You can't expect the same type of material to come out in 2019. While he still makes reference to his life behind bars, I can tell you that he's not trying to stay in that dark place. 1. People grow 2. It's not healthy. 3. I'm sure he is experimenting with various styles, flow patterns, and beats, now that he has a legit recording studio and resources. Not to mention, turning over a new leaf, which is most important. I have a feeling that many of the people wanting X to return to his pre-freedom days, don't fully grasp this.

This is not to say anything bad about anyone, but the world has drastically changed since the 90's. To focus on, and project such negative aspects to a culture that really needs help flourishing right now, is not in anyone's best interest. Avid fans of X-Raided's prison era of rap can always revisit that material, its available for the masses. I believe that everyone should be more open to embracing something new from the man, and be genuinely happy for his freedom, and everything he is able to experience in the world.

You can't always be everyone's favorite, and that's okay. Life happens, and people change. In my opinion, it is quite selfish to want to keep someone at a certain level in life for our own personal gratification. Growth is a beautiful thing, embrace it. The man is in the entertainment industry, remember that. And I bet he still feels like he's walking on egg shells at times. We can't be mad at someone who chooses a better path, and ultimately evolves in life. Try it sometime. It's extremely liberating..

God Bless..

Jun 21, 2006

The allure of a man being able to record albums while serving out a lengthy prison sentence is over. X-Raided is an extremely talented individual. While we have enjoyed his classic material that he recorded during his most difficult moments, he has moved on, and so has the time. This is a man who has spent what? 26 years in prison, basically since he was a teenager. He is now in his mid 40's I assume..

You can't expect the same type of material to come out in 2019. While he still makes reference to his life behind bars, I can tell you that he's not trying to stay in that dark place. 1. People grow 2. It's not healthy. 3. I'm sure he is experimenting with various styles, flow patterns, and beats, now that he has a legit recording studio and resources. Not to mention, turning over a new leaf, which is most important. I have a feeling that many of the people wanting X to return to his pre-freedom days, don't fully grasp this.

This is not to say anything bad about anyone, but the world has drastically changed since the 90's. To focus on, and project such negative aspects to a culture that really needs help flourishing right now, is not in anyone's best interest. Avid fans of X-Raided's prison era of rap can always revisit that material, its available for the masses. I believe that everyone should be more open to embracing something new from the man, and be genuinely happy for his freedom, and everything he is able to experience in the world.

You can't always be everyone's favorite, and that's okay. Life happens, and people change. In my opinion, it is quite selfish to want to keep someone at a certain level in life for our own personal gratification. Growth is a beautiful thing, embrace it. The man is in the entertainment industry, remember that. And I bet he still feels like he's walking on egg shells at times. We can't be mad at someone who chooses a better path, and ultimately evolves in life. Try it sometime. It's extremely liberating..

God Bless..
Yea man, but he was supposed to bring the westcoast back once he got out of jail (at least thats what I expected) and now he only releases weak shit. Well: a couple of songs is cool, but its not classic! I wish raided/Anarea all the best, but Im not listening to this shit anymore.

Apr 25, 2002
Anyone who thought that X, in his mid 40s, after 25+ years in prison, was going to come out and set the rap scene on fire is delusional.

What dude in his mid 40s is on top of rap? Or ever has been? e-40 probably one of the only ones - and even his new material aint hittin like it used to.

I had zero expectations for X - outside being able to live a normal life and get paid for the work he has already put in. Glad he is out there touring and hopefully making some damn good money. I dont even listen to his new shit and probably wont ever again. I will bump his old shit and be happy with that.

Nov 10, 2002

God Bless..
Does that mean we ain’t getting a Bitch Killa II?