WHAT ALBUM PUT YOU ON TO BAY RAP???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
I can't remember back that far clearly. I think I first bought Amerikkkas nightmare then Tales from the Hood then I bought Game Related cuz of hot ones echo through the ghetto. When I heard E40 say, "like to drink beer with mashed potatoes" I bought every sick wid it album ever made and now it's like 22 years later and he's still my favorite rapper lol

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Did anyone subscribe to Columbia house music? I remember having to get relatives to buy CDs at 17.99 a piece to get me out of my contract. Anyway my point being they had a lot of bay titles to choose from for your free 10 CDs because Jive had signed a bunch of artists from out here. I know I got the mail man, 187 he wrote, cocktales and some other shit off there

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
Did anyone subscribe to Columbia house music? I remember having to get relatives to buy CDs at 17.99 a piece to get me out of my contract. Anyway my point being they had a lot of bay titles to choose from for your free 10 CDs because Jive had signed a bunch of artists from out here. I know I got the mail man, 187 he wrote, cocktales and some other shit off there
When I was like 12, I signed up under pop's name. Haha, but luckily they let him out the contract after he explained what happened. Ended up getting a collection of CD's for like pennies a piece.

As far as the topic goes, I want to say Hammer. I think what made me a fan of bay rap itself tho, is when I started catching on more to rappers like Short, RBL, etc.. I think West Coast Bad Boyz 1 is what put me on to what people were doing in the bay with compilations. Think that's what put me on how diverse things could be in the bay.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2002
www.messstudio.com
i remember winning the West coast bad boyz cassette tape on the radio from chuy gomez himself and bumped that almost daily to and from school that was like the bible for bay area rap for me!!!!! i had some other stuff before but that was the time everything coming out was gold!!!! before that i borrowed tapes remeber having mac mall illegal business and -e40 mailman and click down n dirty , bmg music club had a bunch of jive stuff on there so i got alot from there like spice1 and too short albums!! dr dre chronic album came out and after that everything took off!

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
i remember winning the West coast bad boyz cassette tape on the radio from chuy gomez himself and bumped that almost daily to and from school that was like the bible for bay area rap for me!!!!! i had some other stuff before but that was the time everything coming out was gold!!!! before that i borrowed tapes remeber having mac mall illegal business and -e40 mailman and click down n dirty , bmg music club had a bunch of jive stuff on there so i got alot from there like spice1 and too short albums!! dr dre chronic album came out and after that everything took off!
That’s hella dope

Props: Hood Rat Matt