Top Dawg Ent. Mega-thread (Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay-Rock etc)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I liked it, thought it had some cool tracks, but it's highly forgettable honestly. Like there are really no straight up bad songs in my opinion but it doesn't have any standouts either. I mean I went from liking it a lot to being like ehhh this is already old in a couple weeks lol.

TDE is getting pretty fucking boring overall though. To me at least.

May 10, 2002
TDE is Kendrick and then a HUGE decline... been saying it for years and always been the same.

The only tracks I like of Schoolboy Q are the ones with hot ass beats but it's more for the beats than anything (Studio, Yay Yay, Hands on the Wheel). I respect that they all sound unique... unfortunately that doesn't mean "great."

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
TDE is Kendrick and then a HUGE decline... been saying it for years and always been the same.

The only tracks I like of Schoolboy Q are the ones with hot ass beats but it's more for the beats than anything (Studio, Yay Yay, Hands on the Wheel). I respect that they all sound unique... unfortunately that doesn't mean "great."
the previous two albums he released were waaaaaay better than the commercial one he just dropped

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I just listened to it again and yikes. I'm trying to figure out how Kendrick went from making that dope song with FlyLo, that had me going "hmm maybe he's progressing past GKMC" then... well to that. I was waiting for a Carlos Santana guitar solo for a minute there. Like literally that song sounded like one of those mash-ups that half a dozen artists do at the Grammys right before the commercials or something.