Top Dawg Ent. Mega-thread (Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay-Rock etc)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall

1.Prologue
2. Dreamscape Interlude (Prod. By Gianni Lee)
3. Boom Clap Bachelors – Tiden Flyer (Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe)
4. Suspekt – Helt Alene (Art Of Peer Pressure)
5. Beach House – Silver Soul (Money Trees)
6. Janet Jackson – Anytime, Anyplace (Poetic Justice)
7. Kanye West – We Major (M.A.A.D City)
8. Ohio Players – Funky Worm (M.A.A.D City)
9. Grant Green – Maybe Tomorrow (Sing About Me, Dying Of Thirst)
10. Formula IV – Whats This World Coming To (Compton)
11. Kool And The Gang – Summer Madness (Compton)
12. Twin Sister – Meet The Frownies (The Recipe)
GKMCTHESAMPLES.zip

Some of ya'll might dig this.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i fucks with ghost face. kind of weird how all the hate to drake yet thats the longest review on the whole chit. like he raced through the review to get to the drake part.

shits funny as fuck tho

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
The beat is like some fly grown man shit. Almost toooooo grown man...like the shit that Puffy might got playin in his crib in the Hamptons while he kickin it wit old ass white dudes sippin Ciroc outta some shit wit umbrellas n mad fruit in it....
but it is what it is n she need to come closer so he can describe ey'thing she wearin for whoever listenin n explain to her how her flaws is the reason why she is who she is n why she need to be embracin that shit stead a hidin behind hairdos n fly clothes since bein mad plain lookin n even possibly slightly unattractive or overweight is what makes her as unique as the snowflakes he use to catch on his tongue while he was makin snow angels on the driveway of his momma house in Toronto before he would run into the kitchen wit his homies Kyle n Blake n have hot chocolates n make smores or some shit n even tho he wouldnt fuck wit her FORREAL forreal jus only on a song cuz in real life he tryin to bag Rihanna again n has dreams bout Aaliyah bein resurrected n wantin to thank him for single-handedly keepin her memory alive n makin posthumous joints wit her by walkin into the Young Money offices in front of ey'body n givin him a big kiss n scoopin him up n carryin him out while ey'body clappin n cheerin n Weezy goin WAY TO GO DRAKE...WAY TO GO...
lulz.

Props: :ab:

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i dont read every review, which is why its new to me. ive propably read maybe 2. and out of those two ive read less then half. so ive only read one review.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i was gonna go but i had court in pleasington at 9am

ended up taking me like 10 minutes and i didnt need to be sober for that shit to begin with, i shoulda prolly went at first i was trippin cuz two tix was 73.00 but i got hella close to going.....ended up staying home i kinda had to stay home to check about 400.00 dollars that i wouldnt have been able to get in the show (unless there was in and outs for me to do biz from my car) i wish i wouldnt have missed out tho danny brown was prolly fresh

was q or rocky any good live? i know DB is dope live dunno bout them two anyone else show up and perform? maybe main attrakionz?

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005

ended up taking me like 10 minutes and i didnt need to be sober for that shit to begin with, i shoulda prolly went at first i was trippin cuz two tix was 73.00 but i got hella close to going.....ended up staying home i kinda had to stay home to check about 400.00 dollars that i wouldnt have been able to get in the show (unless there was in and outs for me to do biz from my car) i wish i wouldnt have missed out tho danny brown was prolly fresh

was q or rocky any good live? i know DB is dope live dunno bout them two anyone else show up and perform? maybe main attrakionz?
just K. Dot, Too Short, and E-40 came out... unless I missed someone else because I was fucked up

Danny Brown was dope, showed in the middle of his set. don't really listen to him much (not that I don't like him, just haven't taken the time to check for his music with the exception of a few songs here and there) but he had a cool set. I need to check for more of his shit

School Boy and ASAP were both pretty good. I just think we need less ASAP Mob, more ASAP Rocky. only ASAP song I was hyped to hear other than Rocky's shit was "Black Mane" ASAP Rocky and School Boy Q together was dope

Jul 4, 2011

Q puts on a considerably better show in a smaller venue (I saw him earlier this year at the New Parish) but he was dope at this show so that's not really a negative. ASAP put on a pretty good show, I agree with Meta4ical though, more Rocky less Mob would have been better.

Sep 12, 2005
I was at that show too. Granted I've seen A$AP and Black Hippy 5 times in the last couple months (working with Rock The Bells really upped that count), but A$AP really should work on their live show. Kendrick kills it as always, but Q really is the best performer out the group. I wish Soulo would step his live show up (it is improving though) because his lyrics and words carry so much weight, I think if he put the amount of energy Q puts in to the live show, it would be epic.

A$AP just yell over their vocal tracks..pretty much the worst way to perform, and is really amateur in my opinion.

A good show usually incorporates a live band or dj with a beat machine, and no rapping over your own vocals, that shit is the worst. Brother Ali, I saw him the next day..made all of these guys look like beginners.

Kdot/Soulo/Q still my favorite current rappers right now though. Jay Rock is stepping it up though, his verse on Money Trees killed it.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
JMSN's free debut album. Smooth R&B fyi.

01 Choices
02 Jameson
03 Alone
04 Do U Remember The Time
05 Somewhere
06 Hotel
07 Something
08 Fallin
09 Love and Pain
10 Fire
11 Jameson pt ii
12 Runaway
13 Girl i Used To Know feat Boldy James
14 Let U Go
15 Lights
16 Nunca Se Sabra
JMSN works closely with the TDE crew, and having appeared on 4 tracks off Kendrick Lamar's debut album ("Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe", "Art of Peer Pressure", "Sing About Me, Dying of Thirst" and "Real") he decided to release his debut album for free in celebration of "good kid, m.A.A.d city." JMSN is also currently working with Ab-Soul on a collabo project, so you'll definitely be seeing more of him in the future! Roll a joint and vibe out to this shit.
JMSN - Priscilla