Raiders to draft....Kellen Winslow??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
Didn't peep the thread but it doesn't make any sense

They drafted Teyo Johnson last year to be a hybrid TE

I personally think they should draft S Sean Taylor - dude could be the Ray Lewis of safeties. After all the attempts of gett ing a safety (Dorsett/Jackson) they have a chance to get a superstar one.

Jan 4, 2003
your a member on that site too??? Im RAIDER925 on that site....This guy has been right so far he told us who the head coach would be and all that ahead of time and was right but I also heard Al has interest in Roy Williams

May 4, 2002
Garrison was cut by the Niners because of his salary. He didn't want out.

It depends on who the Chargers take, but you have to take the best athlete available at the 2 spot, and Kellen Winslow is not that athlete.

Jan 4, 2003
smitdaddy said:
Garrison was cut by the Niners because of his salary. He didn't want out.

It depends on who the Chargers take, but you have to take the best athlete available at the 2 spot, and Kellen Winslow is not that athlete.
on a report it said he wanted out because they extended kevin barlows contract and he would be paid less

Jan 4, 2003
Here I got this out of an article at nfl.com....."But Hearst injured his knee and lost his starting job late last season to Kevan Barlow, who led the 49ers with 1,024 yards rushing. After the 49ers signed Barlow to a five-year contract extension worth $20 million, Hearst requested his release last week."

Says he requested his release

May 4, 2002
RAS 925 said:
Here I got this out of an article at nfl.com....."But Hearst injured his knee and lost his starting job late last season to Kevan Barlow, who led the 49ers with 1,024 yards rushing. After the 49ers signed Barlow to a five-year contract extension worth $20 million, Hearst requested his release last week."

Says he requested his release
He didn't want to take a pay cut. He would've got cut whether or not he wanted to. The Niners aren't paying him starting RB money to be a backup, cause Barlow's the starter now. You don't take the pay cut, you get cut. I'm sure he would have loved to stay with the niners, but he had to take the pay cut, and he wasn't willing to do that cause he knows he only has 2 maybe 3 years left. Just like I said, he got released because of his salary.