Oldies

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jose

Sicc OG
Jun 4, 2002
How many peope here listen to oldies? Right now Im trying to get all the East Side Stories cds but alot of them only have 2 songs I like on each album. My homeboy said Art Laboes Dedicated To You are bette. Anyone recommend any colletions? Smooth Grooves, Oldies but Goodies...?

Apr 25, 2002
Art Laboe's is cool, but as with every "collection" there will always be some cuts you aint feelin and some you are. Just like Rap compilations. You can buy the whole set of East Side Stories. Look online for it, cause if you go to the store you gonna have to come out the pocket somethin vicious.

Aug 6, 2002
East side stories are cool but they have alot of songs that I dont like on there. Art Laboe were cool like the first three ones, then after that they fell off hard. too many stupid songs on there. And oldies but goodies are more of like your "hot riding" oldies meaning they arent really what homies would bump at a bbq.

If you are into some hard to find oldies I know "Underground Oldies" available at national chains are cool, but like ESS's they have a few oldies that should have never been found. Also "LifeStyles of the slow and Low" are cool.

Your best bet is to go to a "remate" and get some oldies from there. There are some compalations that are at alot of swapmeets that are hella cool. They are "spill of Soul" and "Lost are Rare Oldies".

As you can tell I love oldies.

Jose

Sicc OG
Jun 4, 2002
thanks for the suggestions. I thought I would have got a flood of replies, I guess not to many oldies fans. I have a couple of albums from different compilations. Ive been listening to "East Side Stories" and Art Laboe the most, but Ima try to get all the Dedicated to You albums. But he fucked up by putting rap songs and newer songs like "Firme Hina" "Romeo n Juliet" and "La Bamba 2000"

LifeStyles of the Slow and Low is a tight collection but I cant find it anymore.

And the only swampmeet I know of only sells spanish music. Im going to try the flea or street beats.