My Review Of B-Legit - Hard 2 B-Legit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Track Listing

1. I'm Singlin'
2. If You Don't Know Me
3. Whatcha Talkin'
4. Bag Habit
5. 1 Dame
6. Luv 2 Get High
7. Fo' Real
8. So International
9. What U Thought
10. Play 2 Much
11. Straight Fool
12. Keep It Movin'
13. We Get Dough
14. Feelin'

1. I'm Singlin' (8 / 10)
The first song sounds like it would have been on the Click's "Money & Muscle", especially with the female adding into the chorus. It's a great start to the album, with straight Sic Wid It-type beats and quality flows. Legit's on the first verse, and comes pretty hard. I think hes matured a bit in his rhyming skills since we last saw him in "Hempin'". The song also features Ric Roc and Harm who both come clean.. Good song. I think it should have possibly been the single.

2. If You Don't Know Me (7 / 10)
The first thing you hear is the funky beat, with a bunch of piano-type songs (But something different..) strung in with the slump. Legit is pretty right-on with his lyrics on the beat, and sounds alright. Yountie and Freddy Fingers, of the Beat It Boys are on the chorus - "If you dont know, youll never know me (ohh), but im'a let all you ladies know right now.. Legitamite B could be your homie, but if you run up you know its all goin' down.". 7 of 10.

3. Whatcha Talkin' (7 / 10)
The first single on the CD - or at least the first radio played song. I remember when I first heard it, I thought it was pretty tight. You can immediately tell the beat is a Sic Wid It-only type beat. No one else would fucc with something like this. The chorus is alright but can sound weird sometimes, Dunno. Pretty sure Harm is on that. Legit still comes cool though, I swear his skills have gone ^^^.

4. Bag Habit (7 / 10)
Another wacky beat. A little more fast paced this time. Well, a lot more fast paced... Legit and Ric Roc are one this one and I'm feelin' it a good amount. Chorus tells what it's all about - "You could tell a bad bitch by the bag you know, hoppin out the car.. etc". Not one to skip since It's pretty short anyway. 7.

5. 1 Dame (8 / 10)
In all of Legit's Cd's, he seems to always mix in a few lighter sounding songs. Something like a dance beat but not quite. You could compare this one to "7 Much" on E-40's Grit & Grind. The lyrics are pretty standard, about bitches "lovin' it" and "Knowin' B-Legit's name". He definitely got some skills on the flow on this one though, I think the track is pretty good. A bit better than the last couple.

6. Luv 2 Get High (7 / 10)
Straight weed song of the CD. At first I didn't think it was too cool, but when the chorus came in I got into it, and now I can listen to it a lot. The beat is kinda weird, but it has some cool sound effects in the background that fit well. Bosko was on the beat. There are a couple other rappers on the song but I dont know who they are. (does not say anywhere in the CD Case either.) But they come hard. I almost gave this one an 8 because of the sicc chorus but I think it could have been a bit better.

7. Fo' Real (5 / 10)
Not feelin' it too much. Its featuring Yountie who has a verse (which is tight) and the chorus (which sucks). The beat is wack, it doesnt bump very hard at all besides a medium-length bassline. I thought Legit's verse was the best, and it was pretty average for Legit. So yeah, it gets what it deserves, a mediocre score.

8. So International (9 / 10)
YES! Back on track with tha beats! And guess who's featured... the one and only Too Short, and he comes hard as fuck with his verses. This song uses a "back and forth" rappin' method.. Legit and Shorty switch back and forth a lot. Which is perfect in conjunction with the chorus which I find TIGHT. It's a high pitched woman singin that shit mixed in with something like a Chinese beat sound, LOL! It's unique, and just like B-Legit to pull something like this off. One of my favorite songs on the CD. Don't skip this one.

9. What U Thought (6 / 10)
Beat is average. Legit comes like he usually does, which is sicc. I'm a Suga Free fan, guy is funny as fuck when he's on the mic, and I'm feelin' his verse. I think Bosko could have done a better job on the beat though - it sounds kinda weird with those shuffling sounds. Not a bad song but not one of the big hitters...

10. Play 2 Much (7 / 10)
Another one of them fast paced songs, with a tight beat. I'm really liking those "horn/beep" type things that come in after a bit of Legit's verse. The chorus is tight too - talkin' about bitches that better be playin' in the back seat (OR GET THE FUCC OUT!). Legit also talking about some situations he's been in with some hoes... I've never heard Ray J before this song, but he comes pretty cool; a good voice for the song & the beat. Not a skipper.. good shit.

11. Straight Fool (9 / 10)
Can someone say... Automatic!? Cause thats what the beat sounds like! Heh not quite, but it's pretty similar. You can tell the same guy mixed it. But this song is tighhhhht... both Legit and 40 come sicc as fuck. How can E-40 not come clean though? And I think Legit sounds better on this song than any of the previous ones - although that might be because Forty wata is on the track with him, and they always go so well together. "If you gon' talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk!".. "I let my nuts hang over my shoulder... etc... Givin' orders from Novascotia!".. Bunch of tight lines from both of these artists... BUMP THIS ONE LOUD.

12. Keep It Movin' (6 / 10)
I like the flows and the rhythm on this track but the beat is kinda weird. It sounds all digital and shit - not like a rap beat. More like it would fit good on a Techno CD or something. It really takes the track down, although B still has some cool lyrics... 2nd verse is definitely the best, he shows off his skills... Skip it if you want to hear better songs. :)

13. We Get Dough (8 / 10)
I like this! Harm comes out first and comes with a cool verse. The beat is crazy but tight! I think I hear some fuckin' triangle's (the instrument) going off in there, LOL! It's kinda a dance beat too, I could see it being played at a club. The track is about, well, Getting Money. Buying shit. And getting more dough. Not much more to say about this track besides that its a pretty good song.

14. Feelin' (8 / 10)
The beats on this CD are all so different and so alike at the same time. This one sounds like it could be totally mainstream, and something from an older Sic Wid It Cd. It's a cool end to the CD. The chorus has the same guy, doin' almost the same lines as an Older E-40 song (I swear it's on the tip of my fuccing tongue but i cant place it exactly on which song it is..).. "Can Ya feel me main?" I feel ya mang.. "Can ya feeeel me maiin?". Come on.. you all know what I'm talking about.. someone help me out! Heh.. anyway. Good last song to legit's newest CD.

I think this is a quality CD put out by one of Vallejo's finest. B-Legit has come a long way in his lyrical and rhyming skills since "Tryin' To Get A Buck", and even since "Hempin'". Some of the beats are wack, but for the most part, I like them I agree with the general consensus going around that they do sound a little more mainstream than usual. Most of the songs on this are worth listening to. My personal favorite tracks are So International (W/ Too Short) and Straight Fool (W/ E-40). I think the one with Short could possibly get radio play if it is advertised enough and put out there. So final word If you are a B-Legit fan, or even a west coast rap fan in general, this CD is worth picking up!

FINAL RATING: 7.8 / 10

Apr 25, 2002
Good review psilo, i agree with you for the most part. B Legit comes tight as always, and hes got a few bangers on there, but for some reason i wasnt feeling it as much as you . maybe i need to listen to it more. right now im at 6.5/7 with it.

Apr 25, 2002
just heard it at a homies pad the other day. i'm feelin' it. I been readin' a lot of bad reviews. all i can say is make you own desicion. appreciate the review. but hey asshole. don't be burnin' this shit for people. i don't care if it's for your mama. you fucken up the game.

:dead:

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Ill do what the fucc I want for a homie... i give SO much money to the bay area rap scene a year. I spent at least a G on west coast rap in 2001.. at LEAST a G. Im sure you may have too along with a lot of others, and im sure a lot of people have, and im not "for" burning copyrighted music. But if dude wants a copy to hear for himself, or if he just wants to come over and listen to it on my shit, then shit, fine with me.
If someone is not going to buy a CD, and they are going to rip it from someone, what difference does it make if im the one they get it from or not?
And like i said im not one for stolen music so dont even try to argue that point... i give my fuccin moneys worth mang..

Apr 25, 2002
Psilo707 said:
Ill do what the fucc I want for a homie... i give SO much money to the bay area rap scene a year. I spent at least a G on west coast rap in 2001.. at LEAST a G. Im sure you may have too along with a lot of others, and im sure a lot of people have, and im not "for" burning copyrighted music. But if dude wants a copy to hear for himself, or if he just wants to come over and listen to it on my shit, then shit, fine with me.
If someone is not going to buy a CD, and they are going to rip it from someone, what difference does it make if im the one they get it from or not?
And like i said im not one for stolen music so dont even try to argue that point... i give my fuccin moneys worth mang..
Preach on!!! I feel you on spending $$$ on CDs, and its all good until you pick up a bunk ass bammer shit cd, so you mine as well here it first.

Apr 25, 2002
i suppose if your homie's goin' to burn it anyway it's better gettin' it from someone who actually bought the c.d. and didn't just d/l off the net and sell/give copies away. but still. i stand by what i say. i can't stop you. but if you ever see one of these rappers you be burnin'. let 'em know what you doin'.

:dead:

May 10, 2002
I'm thinking about coppin the B-Legit anway... I just want to hear it first though, to make sure I'm feelin the flows over what I'm sure are some funky ass beats by Ric Rock.. Good lookin Psilo707..

@Godzilla- I feel you on messing up the game, but I don't go about it like that and I know Psilo707 is supporting the bay area cause. But that's good lookin out for these artists.. Grant Theft

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Got my review of it up finally. I thought it was a solid album, although it wasn't as good as his previous ones. I thought he went for the mainstream a bit too much. The track with E-40 was off the hook though, shit was bangin hard! In any case I gave it a 3/5 only because I thought it wasn't as good compared to what he did in the past.

Late!