I wonder why nobody mentions Dirk Nowitzki on this forum?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MB3

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2002
Everybody talks bout hobe, T-mac and Iverson but nobody mentions Nowitzkis great games in game 1 or game 3 of the mavs vs. blazers series. Aren't 46 points and 42 points worth to be mentioned? He also had a very good shooting percentage in both of the games.

Mar 18, 2003
Because he doesnt have any fans on this board. There are alot of Kobe fans and haters, and there are T-Mac and Iverson fans, therefore there are threads pertaining to them. I don't think I have seen any Mavericks fans on this board. There is also Duncan, Pierce, Marion, Kidd (etc.) and others having solid games as well that don't get mentioned.

Sep 23, 2002
i dont know why, doods a hooper and lights shit up from all over the court. not many big players can do the shit he does. you'll hear more about dood in the future. good post. good question

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
i think the nba is kinda of biased in a way...when ever kobe,iverson ,mcgrady etc shoot the lights out,its all over espn and other sports shows but for some reason or another nowitski gets little attention..i think it has alot to do with how he scores all them pionts,they aint flashy dunk type plays..

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
CUZ HE'S WHITE,AND NOT AMERICAN...THAT'S WHY.
cmon now,that has nothing to do with it...look at yao ming...he aint american or white...like i said i think it has something to do with how he scores his pionts...thier just parimeter shots..no slam dunk or flashy type plays...shit you cant use on highlight reels

MB3

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2002
@ D-menace yea he's german but Idon't like him just because for the fact that he's from germany like most of the folks over here do I like him because he's maybe the best foreign b-ball player of all-time. I saw him play over here when he was 19.

Apr 25, 2002
greatest shooter ever????????? thats 1000000/1 longshot homie

he is hella good though, I think he just aint flashy enuff for highlights...there is lots of players like that

take Paul Pierce, he lost the rookie of the year award to Vince Carter cuz Carter can dunk better......Peirce was a way better all around player...........but he didnt make highlights every night

an espn has to show Yao, that could be about 2 billion more tvs that are watchin sports center in china

Mar 18, 2003
Everyone mentioning his not-highlight performances is on point. I do think his image has something to do with it also. I don't know that him being white or foreign matters (maybe it does) but I think if he was black (or any race) and a gangsta type player with an attitude he would get alot more attention. Pierce is also a good example of a solid player not getting alot of attention. These type of players need to bring their team to conference championships and/or finals to get known as a great player.

MB3

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2002
I think it'll be very hard again for Dirk this year to get to the conference finals because I think the kings will stop Dallas again but it'll be a great series.