Gang Member killed by own Gang

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 9, 2002
Gang Member Convicted in Murder-Torture Case
10/16/02
A San Mateo County jury has convicted a 21-year-old man of voluntary manslaughter for his role in the death of a Daly City teen killed by his fellow gang members because he snitched to police.

On Tuesday the jury dismissed the first-degree murder charge against Orlando Cuadra, which was accompanied by a special torture allegation that could have landed the former Daly City resident in jail for life.

Instead, Cuadra could get anything from probation to 11 years in prison when Judge Dale Hahn sentences him Nov. 18.

Cuadra is the sixth and final defendant to be convicted for the murder of 17-year-old William Tejada, a Daly City Locos gang member whose badly stabbed and beaten body was found lying outside an elementary school in April 1999.

Prosecutors contend that the six assailants, three of whom, including Cuadra, were under 18 at the time, attacked Tejada because he gave up information about a drive-by shooting to San Francisco police that resulted in another gang member's arrest.

During Cuadra's 21-day trial in Redwood City, a coroner testified that Tejada had more than 175 separate injuries to his body and almost 70 stab wounds to his head alone.

After four days of deliberation, the jury read a voluntary manslaughter verdict Tuesday afternoon. Goldscheider said Cuadra was thankful, but stoic.

Cuadra had been scheduled to be tried alongside 20-year-old Brando Gamez, but in late August Gamez accepted a deal with the prosecution in which he pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter and 19 counts of assault with a deadly weapon in exchange for a 30-year prison sentence.

last summer, a Redwood City jury convicted Juan Ruiz, 21, of first-degree murder and Randy Reyes, 21, of second-degree murder in connection with Tejada's death. They were sentenced to 28 and 17 years to life, respectively.

Source: KTVU/Fox2 and Bay City News

I hope they give that coward 11 years. I hate GANG members with a passion for taking lives over bullshit.

K

KEYSER SOZE

didn't read the story, but gangbangers are idiots and i hope they all kill of each other.

May 8, 2002
If those fucking dumbasses hadn't pulled a driveby in the first place, then dude wouldn't of even been involved with the police. It was their ignorant tactics that brought the police, not his.

May 2, 2002
gangs are a waste of time. I have a lot of homies that bang but I never got caught up in that set trippin shit cuz for me If it don't make dollars it don't make cents.

Oct 8, 2002
damn thats respect and loyalty for ya, killed by your own family. At least the italian and russian mobs have loyalty and love for eachother. these street gangs treat life like its expendable, like its change in someones poccet. stupid shit

Aug 26, 2002
^^^why yall feeling sorry for this dead dude, he knew what he was getting into when he joined the gang and he knew the repercussions for not staying loyal, I feel he got what he deserved.............

Apr 25, 2002
i knew Tejada...
suprised he snitched...

and my folks beat the shit out of Cuadra in jail...

Cuadra was talkin shit about the swamp and my potna hit him so hard it almost knocked his eye out...

fucked up that it had to happen...but i can't imagine Tejada snitchin...i think the cops set him up

Apr 25, 2002
JGATES said:
damn thats respect and loyalty for ya, killed by your own family. At least the italian and russian mobs have loyalty and love for eachother. these street gangs treat life like its expendable, like its change in someones poccet. stupid shit

life is cheap to them too , familys fight them selfs look at john gotti , he killed his own boss to come into power

K

KEYSER SOZE

i doubt the cops set him up. they probably just put a grip of pressure on him till he squilled.

May 8, 2002
YOuNg WiNo said:
i dont know the situation presonally , but if he snitch he knew the consequences .
Bro, if you bring the police to my fucking house because of some stupid drive by that you did, you better fucking believe I'm gonna give the pigs your name.
Muthafuckas need to realize that snitching is when some shit happens and you go out of your way to holla at the pigs to let em know what you know. Now, when the pigs come to your house and start saying they're gonna charge you for some shit that homeboy did, and you give up homeboys name, that ain't snitching. That's self-preservation, and anyone that would do time for something that someone else did is a fucking idiot.

May 2, 2002
Mook Mangla P said:

Bro, if you bring the police to my fucking house because of some stupid drive by that you did, you better fucking believe I'm gonna give the pigs your name.
Muthafuckas need to realize that snitching is when some shit happens and you go out of your way to holla at the pigs to let em know what you know. Now, when the pigs come to your house and start saying they're gonna charge you for some shit that homeboy did, and you give up homeboys name, that ain't snitching. That's self-preservation, and anyone that would do time for something that someone else did is a fucking idiot.
That's true because when it comes down to it your in this world alone. Honor & respect come and go, people will give you your props but eventually they'll forget about you. Your homeboy will be thankful that his ass didn't get busted but do you think he really gives a fuck about you? Hell nah. I'm not going down for murder when it wasn't my fault.

Apr 26, 2002
In my opinion snitching on someone to save your own skin is a cowardly tactic, if your gonna do the crime or be connected to the crime be prepared to do the time....I dont do any crimes unless i'm damn sure i'm ready to face the time for it.

May 2, 2002
muthafuckas need to understand that when the cops come and start telling you this and that, about you going down, they are bullshiting you to get you to snitch. they try to scare the truth out of you....if your homie did some dirt and the cops come around talking about "your going down if you dont talk" a lot of the time they are full of shit.
But i dont know how it went down in the situation but snitching on someone just because the cops tell you your going down is bullshit................Dont believe everything that the cops tell you.

but you got to watch your own back first in this world

May 2, 2002
of course the cops are just fuckin with your head. But if they arrest you and put you on trial for something you didn't do, that u just knew about, which completely wasn't your fault, your willing to do life for some fool? If I went and blasted some fools with a homie and the cops got me I wouldn't say shit because I was with him and that's my problem. I'm not trying to bring people down with me and 99% the cops will lie to your ass to get info out of you and throw both of you in jail instead of just 1. But for real if I wasn't involved, I have a life of my own and a family to worry about, I'm not get 25 to life for someone else. Fuck that.

Aug 26, 2002
if you did not do it then they there won't be any evidence .....so what if u were or are affliatated , if u did not do it you did not do it

Chris Rock: dam policeman had me thinking I stole my own car!!!!!!!!!!

Bone

Sicc OG
Jul 11, 2002
YOUNGMOE said:
i knew Tejada...
suprised he snitched...

and my folks beat the shit out of Cuadra in jail...

Cuadra was talkin shit about the swamp and my potna hit him so hard it almost knocked his eye out...

fucked up that it had to happen...but i can't imagine Tejada snitchin...i think the cops set him up

Thats when you have to question & reflect. Would you do life for your set? Basically he was a dead man either way.