For those who say they want ORIGINAL styles

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mista CaNE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.mistacane.com
What is ORIGINAL????

I notice alot of people saying that artists and producers are biting and not being original, that they are doing what "kanye" does or they sound like so and so. Truth is ain't to much you can do that is really truly ORIGINAL anymore. Everything has been done basically, it's like the dunk contests, to me nowadays the dunk contests are weak, every dunk you can do without doin flips and shit has been done it's just maybe how 1 looks doing the same dunk or how much power they throw it down with. With rap y'all might say oh that producer is trying to sound like the neptunes or dre, but truth is it's only so much equipment out there for them to tweak shit, if they do some off the wall shit that sounds rock ish or somethin else you may think it's wack anyway. Just like rappers, i mean other then outkast and all the trippy shit they do how much more creative can you get with it really? This topic really ain't got no point other than to say if you wanna complain about originality be honest with yourself, aint nuttin original...

PS: I thought i'd make a different thread like this rather than who is hyped for the new same 10 albums every year. HOLLA

Jul 20, 2002
I have actually thought of using a new sample and turned on the radio and there it was on a song. FOr instance that Jesus Walks song by Kanye West with the military sample in it......I had already used that very same sample in a song I sent to Playa Rae at DUGOUT Entertainment for a compilation and then a week or so later I heard it on the radio. I just think some of us all get inspired by the same kinds of movies or situations and we don;t recognize how influenced we are by it.

Jan 20, 2004
www.refillrecords.com
I dont think painters run outta styles
or art to make that is fresh & creative

it's just many cats in the rap game
never cared to much about true creativity

i know many cats that got STYLES for days
there will always be something new

will you find it is the question

Den

Dec 27, 2002
if your really profoundly into makin' music as far as beats, you'll know theres no limit to what u can do on those keys. i don't think everything has been done AT ALL. u think 10 years from now rap beats will sound the same as today. originality is FAR from gone. in a year or two you'll hear of a new "kanye" or "timbaland" or "lil jon" blowin' up the radio. its not to hard to come up wit' an idea thats never been used before but being skilled n' talented enough to make it appeal to everyone might be hard. i think cats need to open their mind to music more...u cant be stuck on just one genre.

Apr 26, 2002
the is all doin the samething... everybody tryna reinvent the whell they own way... if a singer come out.. she may sound like aretha franklin.. is she biting.. nope thats just the style that suited her best... cats always saying you sound like so and so... or did this like them ... awww who the fuck cares.. is it hot or not.

Apr 15, 2003
www.thamouthpiece.com
YOUNGMOE said:
i think originality comes from self

you can rock a lil jon beat and be original
you can rock a kanye beat and be original
you can rock gangsta shit and be original
you can do a love song and be original

you just gotta let yourself out
agreed.......also, i've said it many times.....folks is stuck in this "i need to sound hard/gangsta" era.......folks need to put they ego's aside and make music, not a rap song......there is a difference.......

i can't wait til mufuckas get a load of what I've been working on..........

Mar 29, 2004
how can you say dre and the neptunes in the same sentence the neptunes suck compared to dre, though i feel like dre is gettin a little tired of working i wasnt feeling the beat for "I Like" on knoc's cd