Erk Tha Jerk aka Kevin Allen

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
I listened to it at least 3 times today. I got to say I enjoyed it. It's well balanced. Not too out there & talking about some real life topics.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
This was cool, clearly trying to garner mainstream attention but the quality isn't lacking. It's like what the stuff on the radio tries to be. That said, it's kind of slowpaced with a lot of R&B type hooks, so don't come in expecting gangsta or mobb shit because that's just not what Erk is going for on this. I thought his raps were on point tho.

Mar 30, 2006
I peeped the album, too many songs for females for my taste. He has some real dope songs on here though. Overall its good
I hate to say it, but isnt songs for females what sells? Just like when you go to a concert...People who have songs only for dudes, dont get a big crowd...when you have songs for chicks, the chicks come and then the guys come for the chicks...I can say, erks songs directed at the females are not in a "Sell Out" fashion, so though they are relatable to females, he still kept it real

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
I hate to say it, but isnt songs for females what sells? Just like when you go to a concert...People who have songs only for dudes, dont get a big crowd...when you have songs for chicks, the chicks come and then the guys come for the chicks...I can say, erks songs directed at the females are not in a "Sell Out" fashion, so though they are relatable to females, he still kept it real
I agree. Erk isnt any less of an artist for it, its just less songs that i will listen to

May 16, 2002
I'd say songs like "How Do You Love Me" (track #3) & "Right Here" (track #4) are dude songs. Perhaps a lot of dudes don't want to hear that due to being dead beat dads (and throw it off as a chick song), but he actually goes there with it.

The other one is about fucking a chick on the spot.

Like I said before, it's well balanced out.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
I'd say songs like "How Do You Love Me" (track #3) & "Right Here" (track #4) are dude songs. Perhaps a lot of dudes don't want to hear that due to being dead beat dads (and throw it off as a chick song), but he actually goes there with it.

The other one is about fucking a chick on the spot.

Like I said before, it's well balanced out.
"How Do You Love Me" is a dope song

"Right Here" is aight at best (at least for me to listen to)

Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
This album is an example of how an independent project needs to be put together to compete quality wise on a national scale. Music is subjective but quality of mixes, art & packaging isn't. And in my bias opinion a great job was done with this.

Dec 2, 2006
"How Do You Love Me" is a dope song

"Right Here" is aight at best (at least for me to listen to)
You have a right to an opinion, but considering you try and put out music as well, you should really not say anything negative towards a man that puts out projects that will do circles around anything you put out, real talk. I mean what the fuck is really going on....

Soak game like a sponge, don't let shit drip off that sponge, kapeesh?

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
You have a right to an opinion, but considering you try and put out music as well, you should really not say anything negative towards a man that puts out projects that will do circles around anything you put out, real talk. I mean what the fuck is really going on....

Soak game like a sponge, don't let shit drip off that sponge, kapeesh?
So....i cant have an opinion because i dont make music that you enjoy as much as his?

That's retarded

Dec 2, 2006
So....i cant have an opinion because i dont make music that you enjoy as much as his?

That's retarded
Until you attain his level of success, you should congratulate rather than opinionate. What happens, specifically in the Bay Area, is everyone is a rapper/CEO/etc. that thinks they could do it better. All I'm saying is you are doing what he is doing, but he is doing it better. Give him his respect, period.

I have been guilty at times of the same conduct and needed to check myself, why don't you do the same.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
Until you attain his level of success, you should congratulate rather than opinionate. What happens, specifically in the Bay Area, is everyone is a rapper/CEO/etc. that thinks they could do it better. All I'm saying is you are doing what he is doing, but he is doing it better. Give him his respect, period.

I have been guilty at times of the same conduct and needed to check myself, why don't you do the same.
Erk is dope, i didnt say otherwise. I have respect for him and have been following his work for years. I dont think that you have to praise everything an artist does just because they are on a different level.

I don't think i can do it better than he can, i know i have a lot of progress to make, but that doesnt make my opinion on hip hop any less valid.

I'm not sure if Erk checks this site (i know theres a lot of artists that look on here but dont post) but im sure he would appreciate opinions and reviews more than just everyone saying "congrats, great album". that gets him nowhere

Dec 2, 2006
Infantry Elite;5495330]Erk is dope, i didnt say otherwise. I have respect for him and have been following his work for years. I dont think that you have to praise everything an artist does just because they are on a different level.
You shouldn't say anything if it is not positive considering you are trying to do what he is doing.

I don't think i can do it better than he can, i know i have a lot of progress to make, but that doesnt make my opinion on hip hop any less valid.
I never said your opinion is less valid, I'm just saying everyone is a critic and some have no business being one.

I'm not sure if Erk checks this site (i know theres a lot of artists that look on here but dont post) but im sure he would appreciate opinions and reviews more than just everyone saying "congrats, great album". that gets him nowhere
No doubt he can appreciate opinions and thoughts on his project, but opinions and thoughts coming from another underground rapper who has failed to reach his level of success is disrespectful, imo. But I guess that is the game as we know it today.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
You shouldn't say anything if it is not positive considering you are trying to do what he is doing.

I never said your opinion is less valid, I'm just saying everyone is a critic and some have no business being one.

No doubt he can appreciate opinions and thoughts on his project, but opinions and thoughts coming from another underground rapper who has failed to reach his level of success is disrespectful, imo. But I guess that is the game as we know it today.
I see what you're saying, i just dont completely agree. I'm not saying he should change what hes doing or giving him advice. I'm just stating what i like, which is normal and if an artist cant handle hearing that then they shouldnt be making art

Dec 2, 2006
I see what you're saying, i just dont completely agree. I'm not saying he should change what hes doing or giving him advice. I'm just stating what i like, which is normal and if an artist cant handle hearing that then they shouldnt be making art
All i'm saying is support those who are paving and or paved the way for you. You will get put on much more with that attitude.

Having an opinion is not the problem folks. This project is one the Bay Area should get behind because it represents quality and depth, something we lack as a whole. When you talk down on a song, etc., that could detour a potential fan. Unfortunately many people let others think for them, food for thought.

I am picking up my copy today.

Mar 30, 2006
Infantry...I feel what you were saying, but I see how it can com eoff as hating...i have seen other posts by u commenting on cds, and to be honest, it seems in eveyone u say...."Almbum is good, I apprectiate and have always followed (Insert Rapper Here)'s work...BUT...Blah, Blah, Blah.

With that said, music is subjective and to each there own...Thats what makkes music great. I listened to one of your tracks and it wasnt my thing, but I see u on here working and being persistant, so congrats.

But for lack of a better reference, when someone who make $20,000 a year, is sitting back and judging Bill Gates or saying how he isnt making money right...It just doesnt go well...

Or If u hire a trainer at the gym and then some FAT ASS dude come out trying to drop knowledge on you....It just dont fit.

Those are situations people just wont listen to the guy...People just wont take your opinion as a viable opinion.... Sometimes, you have too have a certain credibility/experience if your in the same profession, before you can speak on the next man...Im not saying you dont have that credibility, but that is why, Students dont teach the Teachers.

Anyway, i just think thats where all that was going and Best of luck too you playa!

AGAIN...This is one of the Hottest drops this year...Regardless of BAY, South, East or West..Check IT!

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
Infantry...I feel what you were saying, but I see how it can com eoff as hating...i have seen other posts by u commenting on cds, and to be honest, it seems in eveyone u say...."Almbum is good, I apprectiate and have always followed (Insert Rapper Here)'s work...BUT...Blah, Blah, Blah.

With that said, music is subjective and to each there own...Thats what makkes music great. I listened to one of your tracks and it wasnt my thing, but I see u on here working and being persistant, so congrats.

But for lack of a better reference, when someone who make $20,000 a year, is sitting back and judging Bill Gates or saying how he isnt making money right...It just doesnt go well...

Or If u hire a trainer at the gym and then some FAT ASS dude come out trying to drop knowledge on you....It just dont fit.

Those are situations people just wont listen to the guy...People just wont take your opinion as a viable opinion.... Sometimes, you have too have a certain credibility/experience if your in the same profession, before you can speak on the next man...Im not saying you dont have that credibility, but that is why, Students dont teach the Teachers.

Anyway, i just think thats where all that was going and Best of luck too you playa!

AGAIN...This is one of the Hottest drops this year...Regardless of BAY, South, East or West..Check IT!
i wasnt giving advice, i know i dont have the room to do that. i just said i dont listen to songs that are for females.