Charles Tayor

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I was listening to the radio last night and overheard how the
BU(ll)SH(it) administration is offering a reward for the capture of Charles Taylor, who (correct me if I'm wrong) was the president of Liberia. Didn't Bush say at the begining that he wanted Mr taylor out of liberia. Well Taylor left, and now bush is still going after him??? Offering a reward to anyone who leads to his capture to face trial for war crimes. I agree that he did do some fucked up shit, but Bush is biting off WAY more than he can chew...Someone remind me..Is everything finished in Iraq? Afghanistan? Bush taking on issues is like me taking on homework, half-assed. If I had to summerize my reaction to that statement into one word it would be WHAT THE FUCK! By the time Bush is out of office americans wont be able to travel ANYWHERE in the world because he is fucking everything up...I was planning on going to tanzania this summer to do some relief work, I think i might have to get an Irish passport instead...who the fuck voted for this asshole...lol:dead:

Mar 18, 2003
Another case of the mis-informed anti-american. It is the United Nations that is seeking the capture of Charles Taylor, not just the United States. They are seeking his capture so that he can face war crimes for his involvement in the 10 year civil war where he put children in soldier uniforms. He faces war crimes and crimes against humanity (to name just a couple).

"The indictment made public by the Special Court for Sierra Leone on 4 June 2003 accuses Charles Taylor of being among those who bear the greatest responsibility for war crimes and crimes against humanity during Sierra Leone's internal armed conflict. These crimes include widespread and systematic killings of civilians, deliberate amputation of limbs, rape and other forms of sexual violence, the use of child soldiers, abduction and forced labour."

So tell me, after reading what I have just shown you, how do you feel about your assumptions. Is it safe to say that, like many others on this board, you jumped the gun a little bit and turned your back on the United States without understanding all of the facts (which happens all too often).

Jul 7, 2002
Nitro the Guru said:
Another case of the mis-informed anti-american. It is the United Nations that is seeking the capture of Charles Taylor, not just the United States. They are seeking his capture so that he can face war crimes for his involvement in the 10 year civil war where he put children in soldier uniforms. He faces war crimes and crimes against humanity (to name just a couple).

"The indictment made public by the Special Court for Sierra Leone on 4 June 2003 accuses Charles Taylor of being among those who bear the greatest responsibility for war crimes and crimes against humanity during Sierra Leone's internal armed conflict. These crimes include widespread and systematic killings of civilians, deliberate amputation of limbs, rape and other forms of sexual violence, the use of child soldiers, abduction and forced labour."

So tell me, after reading what I have just shown you, how do you feel about your assumptions. Is it safe to say that, like many others on this board, you jumped the gun a little bit and turned your back on the United States without understanding all of the facts (which happens all too often).
US 'offers Charles Taylor bounty'

Mar 18, 2003
Apr 25, 2002
Actually I am not anti American. I was just commenting on what i had heard on the radio earlier that day. You're right Charles Taylor did some fucked up shit. However I recall several times where Bush was on TV saying that CHarles Taylor must LEAVE Liberia. That was it. Charles Taylor left and now all of a sudden Bush is offering rewards for his capture. My problem is that Bush never finishes ANYTHING he starts. First it was Bush guaranteeing that he would find Osama. Never happened. Then it was We must find saddam. Never happened. Now its We must find charles taylor. Which probably wont happen. Do you see a trend here? I am getting pretty tired of Bush thinking the US should be the world wide police force. FINISH WHAT YOU START YOU REDNECK!!! Let the U.N handle charles taylor. I'm sure that after Bush realizes that he wont find Taylor there will be some other new Threat that must be dealt with.

May 8, 2002
Nitro the Guru said:
"Taylor, who has been accused by human rights groups of masterminding regional conflicts, was indicted in June by a U.N.-backed war crimes court.."
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/06/10/liberia.taylor/

"When the United Nations and the government of Sierra Leone established a war-crimes tribunal last year to prosecute the perpetrators of atrocities in the war-torn country’s long-running conflict..."
http://www.worldpress.org/Africa/1442.cfm
Nitro the Guru said:
Another case of the mis-informed anti-american. It is the United Nations that is seeking the capture of Charles Taylor
good looking out Nitro, set these guys straight.