BEFORE THE WEST CAN BE ON TOP AGAIN....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2003
no..maybe people like you need 2 stop putting so many negative remarks on the board & try 2 help with a real solution...it seems like you don't want 2 see nothing good happen..there is plenty of good talent out here..all we need is fan loyalty...you don't seem like a fan..you sound like a hater..the West is what it is & if you live on this side you need 2 be rootin 4 us..most of us rappers are living pretty cool,it's just an industry thing..I AGREE THE MARKET IS OVERFLOODED WITH WEAK ALBUMS BUT A LOT OF REGIONS GOT WEAK ALBUMS..just in the south they support better..& the east coast has better unity...when we're out of town the fans love us & always tell us they bump us more than the mainstream cats but out here everybody is on some I'm gonna jocc what's hot on tv shit...people like you probably let a breezy dictate what's good & what's not..everybody has opinions.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
i agree that the South supports their own more than any other region. Hell they buy more music per capita than any other region. I think folks gotta get back to good ol grassroots campaigning. .. in-stores, meet and greets, car shows and other events... artists should just show their faces and shake plenty of hands. It can be a beautiful thing. Egos are also hurtin Northern Cali Artists.. a majority refrain from high impakt networkin and that hurts in some ways too.

Apr 25, 2002
Respect

KILLA TAY said:
CUZ I'M A NORMAL PERSON JUST LIKE YOU..I DON'T WANT 2 BE CLASSIFIED AS AN ARTIST...LIKE 50 CENT SAYS,ME I'M JUST ME..
NAMES & SUBTITLES DON'T MATTER...
Nice. All respect for that, homie....

Aug 26, 2002
@Killa Tay, u just gained a fan for that statement...I'm just normal like u , that is the realest thang I ever heard from an artist on herre.............if u looking for some new talent holla at me for my folks Lyrikal Warfare (STL, Mo.) www.soundclick.com/bands/lyrikalwarfareus.htm

@MS: from a outsider perspective, yes I would say EGOS are the West biggest problem. Gotta get back what really started this rap shit, quality shit , not this drop an avg cd every other month , fuck that gimmi somethin u will take a full year to promote. What u really sat down and thught about.

But West will get bac to the top, it's just yall already had your AT BAT , and other regions ( rookies) are looking a little more exciting ...................

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
KILLA TAY said:
...when we're out of town the fans love us & always tell us they bump us

Man that was on the DOTT Tay. I couldn't believe how much love the Mid West out here shows to Cali Artists etc. It's amazing they show alot of love and if folks keep they head grounded they can make even bigger moves in regions like that.

Playa Rae.

Apr 25, 2002
the west coast has been on the decline for a while now..and all that other shit does play a part..but its like Blegit said..the game is 360 degrees...it needs to E-volve and RE-volve...the west had our time to shine..and the spot light had to hit a few other regions(south/miudwest)..now the ball is back in the east...just give it a lil time and the shine will be back here out WEST...im tellin you

Apr 25, 2002
Sick Wid It said:
Cats need to accept that rappers have a shelf-life and some are past their expiration date.
I agree 100%. Like I said in a few posts, very few of the rappers from the 93'-95' days are still spittin that hard shit they had 10 years ago.

Apr 25, 2002
Sick Wid it, this is exactly what i meant when in the private message...

YOU NEED TO STOP WITH THE NEGATIVITY!!!
c'mon here and say "hey this is what you can do, try this, maybe don't do this" instead of "retire"
c'mon now
if people told Michael Jordan to stop playin basketball after he didn't make his freshman team, what would basketball be like now?

Tay...you seem like a cool cat...keep doin ya thing...you're a lot less hifey then people make you out to be

bsleezy

Bad Muh F*#kah
Dec 15, 2002
www.myspace.com
Mtown Criminal said:
the west coast has been on the decline for a while now..and all that other shit does play a part..but its like Blegit said..the game is 360 degrees...it needs to E-volve and RE-volve...the west had our time to shine..and the spot light had to hit a few other regions(south/miudwest)..now the ball is back in the east...just give it a lil time and the shine will be back here out WEST...im tellin you
I gotta agree with that ...

Jun 13, 2002
yea, i feel like we do need to support our artists more. cause i meet muthafuckaz out here that'll burn the new b-legit & e-40 cd's, while they go out and buy the new fabolous album. but they still claim to be loyal fans. another problem is catz not respectin the music game. i'm young in this game, but i can still tell when weak ass niggas that aint really even in to music, is rappin, and releasin shit just cause they can. itz over floodin the market, just as people mentioned above, so itz kinda hard for fans to get quality music. but thatz just my thoughtz.

Apr 25, 2002
StickyGreen said:
yea...like e-40. dude sounds almost kinda silly on the mic now. :x

i dont think he sound silly. e40 is still tight. "WE DO THE FOO, WE ACT A NUT, WE SET IT OFF UP IN THIS BITCH & TEAR THE CLUB UP"

40 aint like any other rapper. he got his own style. i really listen to what e40 says in his raps, that man is creative with his choice of words

Feb 19, 2003
StickyGreen said:
yea...like e-40. dude sounds almost kinda silly on the mic now. :x
Well...my gut feeling is that JIVE dictates part of why 40's recent CDS are inconsistent. I remember in a '99 issue of MURDER DOG, 40 said that Jive was "on some pop tart shit", in that they cared more about promoting boy bands, Britney Spears, etc.

Whenever an underground artist starts incorporating pop touches on later records after signing w/a major, I believe that it happens not because the artist WANTS to change, but because the major label A & Rs demand it. BROTHA LYNCH told MURDER DOG that when Black Market hooked up with Priority, the A & R's there wanted LYNCH to "tone down" his evil nature on LOADED (which was still a dope CD), for instance.

Once you sign your John Hancock, the A & Rs have basically got you by the nutsack--if they don't want to release your CD because they "don't hear a single", can they not release it? Unfortunately, if your name's on their contract, you bet they can. Or, the company may have the artist record, say, forty songs, and the A & Rs may ultimately pick the more poppish stuff over the more street stuff (i.e. when "The Bay" got left off GRIT & GRIND). Maybe 40 needs to get off Jive and do like THE MOSSIE did when they got POINT SEEN, MONEY GONE released independently.

I do agree, though, that someone younger like SAN QUINN would be more appropriate as far as getting someone to act as a leader if the Bay were to blow up commercially. PEACE!

TKO

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
"if you put out good shit, they will buy it"

unfortunately that hasn't been the case for a lot of artists these past few years...

I think if artists get "hungry" like the og's did before...they can bring back the bay to the status it once was..problem is..not many cats seem that hungry to put shit on the map...(could be the economy too) who knows...but it seems like a majority of cats is slackin on there shit...nowdays cds come out...like mebbe good 3 cuts total on the cd..and the rest is weak....back then a cd could be bumped from start to finish or else the cd had atleast over half the shit tight....I hope to see that happening again in the near future....much love to the ones that iz puttin in work though!

May 10, 2002
Sick Wid It has a good point. I don't see what he said as a negative. It's what's real to him. It's a true statement in some circles. Don't jump down his throat just because he said something that YOU (whoever it may be) didn't like... But like Tay said, fan support is lacking. But that can be attributed to lack of promotion muscle, lack of quality product, lack of effort, lack of quality product, oversaturation, LACK OF QUALITY PRODUCT.. I guess y'all see what I'm gettin at. But yea, it's a tough game right now with all the aforementioned obstacles and let's not forget this little CD Burner Technology thingie that has contributed to the downfall in sales. Did I mention lack of quality product?

I never thought I'd say it, but this rap shit (for me anyway) is gettin kinda old. I mean if it's done right (ie, 'HEAT' on 50 Cent album, 'Warrior Song' on Nas album) it's a beautiful thing. That's that REAL hardcore shit. But it's so much cookie cutter candy ass shit out nowadays it's enough to give you diabetes. And THAT'S what's fuckin the whole hip hop game up. It aint even hardcore no more (with the exception of a few). You figure mufuckas would be all danced and clubbed out, but I guess not.