ANOTHER REASON THE WEST WONT BE BACK ANYTIME SOON

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 13, 2002
BOUGHT THE YUK CD/DVD, OPENED IT UP AND OH SHIT ONLY A CD. I REALIZED AFTER LOOKING AT MY BOYS THAT THEY PUT A STICKER OVER THE PART WHERE IT SAID CD/DVD ON MOST OF THEM.

THATS SOME CHEAP AND SHADY SHIT. CANT BELIVE HOW SOME PEOPLE CAN BE.

THE WEST WONT BE BACK BECAUSE THEY CANT PICK A REALESE DATE THEY SHOW SHIT TO EVERYBODY AND ITS ON THE NET MONTHS BEFORE IT DROPS PUSHING THE REALESE DATE BACK EVEN FURTHER AND THEN ONCE IT DROPS NO ONE CARES BECAUSE ITS OLD. AND ON TOP OF THAT THE PRODUCUT THAT DROPS ISNT EVEN WHAT IT SAYS.

ITS A SAD DAY FOR THE WEST IN GENERAL WHEN AN ARTIST LIKE THIS PULLS SOMETHING LIKE THIS

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Why say its the "West" thats to blame or that it has anything to do with musical integrity? Sounds like one artist that alot of cats on this board WORSHIP jacked you....Not the West Coast lol

Sep 13, 2002
ITS A REASON PEOPLE DONT RESPECT ARTIST ON THE WEST. WHEN A DVD COMES WITH IT MOST OF THE TIME ITS BECAUSE THE CD IS TRASH OR THE DVD ENDS UP BEING 15 MINUTES LONG AND LOW QUALITY.

WHEN A MAJOR ARTIST ON THE WEST REALESES SHIT LIKE THIS IT MAKES ME NOT WANT TO GO AND COP ALBUMS. WHY TAKE THE CHANCE ANYMORE?

Apr 25, 2002
Yall some funny style cats. !st off, YUK's albums ALWAYS come out. How many artists nationwide can say that??? He changed it from cd/dvd to just cd. Oh well. MESSY MARV'S dvd still isn't out yet. GUCE's THUG MONEY never came out. C BO'S dvd was low budget and so forth and so forth... The bottom line is these niggaz are doing things INDEPENDENTLY!!! ON THEY OWN W/O MAJOR LABEL $$$ backing them up. YUK already released the 1st UGA dvd and ALL of his albums have came out so it's a good bet that this dvd will come out eventually. If it doesn't, tell me WHAT ARE YALL MISSING??? Some underground gutter sh*t: HOES, MONEY, JEWELRY, NIGGAZ HANGING OUT. Hang out on yo own with your own homeboys and videotape it and make your own dvd. It's not like you paid extra scrilla for the cd so it ain't a loss of yours plus YUK dropped another dope comp. regardless of what yall crying about. :eek:

May 24, 2004
proppa said:
ITS A REASON PEOPLE DONT RESPECT ARTIST ON THE WEST. WHEN A DVD COMES WITH IT MOST OF THE TIME ITS BECAUSE THE CD IS TRASH OR THE DVD ENDS UP BEING 15 MINUTES LONG AND LOW QUALITY.

WHEN A MAJOR ARTIST ON THE WEST REALESES SHIT LIKE THIS IT MAKES ME NOT WANT TO GO AND COP ALBUMS. WHY TAKE THE CHANCE ANYMORE?

Here is something for you homie. All artist realese dates are getting pushed back. As far as the Yuk that was kinda of one of the extremes. Mac Dre's came out what Two Weeks before the original release date, and that Treal TV is the best rap DVD put out period. Shit was funny, had good quality, put together well, videos, biography, and actually had a flow to it. You go to one extreme and blame the whole coast. East coast pushes artists shit back longer than west. Anyone else remember Method Man pushing his CD during the first MTV MC Battle? Remeber when it came out? yeah like 1 1/2 years later. Ever seen any of the DVD's they put out there? Garbage shit that is not exceptable when you do have a real budget. Man you need to just calm down and realize one release ain't representing all the business practices of an entire coast.

Apr 25, 2002
quit your cryin ass proppa, its not like u spent an extra $20 on the cd/dvd, u spent regular price for a cd and got no dvd cause it probably ain't completed yet. i'd rather have him put out his album (compilation/soundtrack), without a dvd, then not have the album out because the dvd part is not complete yet.

the west won't be back? stfu

Dec 5, 2003
The west is coming back and as it was said before everybodies cd realese dates are being pushed back or rushed foreward...blame it the bootleggers. It ain't just local it's mainly major label artist that are bearing the brunt of this do to many label mergers and all of the shit that goes along with that.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
It's a sad day in the west when shade tree business tactics are being practiced. Tactics such as robbing someone of ascap and bmi publishing, robbing someone of copyrights registrations/ownerships, robbing someone of beats (taking someones sample cd, ripping a song, crop/trimming it in pro tools and re arranging the song). Yes dates get pushed back but you have to understand WHY they get pushed back. My nephews album has been pushed back 4 or 5 times now and he's on a major label (VIRGIN).

You know what you should do if you feel cheated? Stop supporting the artist who cheated you.

:hgk:

Apr 25, 2002
"You know what you should do if you feel cheated? Stop supporting the artist who cheated you." Heresy

I think that is what the majority of the board stopped doing years ago.

Jun 25, 2002
thats why i never by cd's, if you look on the internet at the right places you will get it for free!!!!

unless it a really good cd>then i would buy it, other then that i will bootlegg it!

BO

Sicc OG
Jul 27, 2004
  • BO

BO

WEST

IUNNO BUT THATS THE GAME RIGHT! IF HE AINT GONNA MAKE MAINSTREAM MONEY BY VIDEO OR OTHER MEDIA PROMOTION THEN HE'S GOTTA MAKE MONEY SOMEHOW
IM NOT SAYIN ITS RIGHT BUT IF YOU NOTICE BY PUSHING THE RELEASE DATE BACK FURTHER AND FURTHER MORE PEOPLE HEAR ABOUT IT MORE PEOPLE ANTICIPATE IT MORE PEOPLE CALL YOUR LOCAL RECORD STORE ON THE EXACT RELEASE DATE THATS A FORM OF PROMOTION. nOW I DONT KNOW IF THAT WAS RAPALOT OR JUST THE ARTIST I MEAN DEVIN THE DUDES SHIT CAME OUT ON TIME RIGHT. AND IT WAS RAW (TO ME). BUT YEA I FEEL YOU. BUT PEEP THE POLITICS. HES NOT PLAYIN YOU AS MUCH AS HE'S PLAYIN THE INDUSTRY AS A WHOLE. nOW WEST IS ALL WEST BUT I SEEM TO FEEL AND THE MEDIA /MAINSTREAM MAKE IT SEEM THIS WAY ALSO THAT THE BAY IS ITS OWN INTITY. THE WEST USUALLY MEANS SNOOP NATE ECT. NOW I KNOW THE DEAL "WEST SIDE IS WEST SIDE" TUPAC DID DIE FOR IT AND FAUGHT FOR WEST COAST RECIGNITION IN THE RAP GAME WHICH HE GOT ALOT OF PEOPLE RECOGNIZED AS WELL AS PAID.. BUT I DO BELIEVE WHEN THEY SAY WEST THEY MEAN L.A. AND WHEN THEY SAY THE BAY THEY MEAN THE BAY. TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF MUSIC.....ITS NOT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE BUT IT IS.
(TO ME)

Dec 25, 2003
Dont get pissed jus becuz of that bullshit, who knows if the west is gonna be able to succeed to be on top. Most artists are just laggin nowadays. But every tru west fan admits that the west was hard, dope, deep, and the shit when Pac was around, and also Eazy but somethin had to fuck up like always. Its part of human life and reality and yall gotta live on with it. Human society is basically shattered and fucked up. We will always repeat it over and over again. Pac and Eazy are the reasons the west came bangin and theyll the ones who introduced us to alot of upcoming acts that are already on top, people such as Dresta and Knocc out, E40 and da click, Spice 1, Kokane, C-bo, etc. and since their passing the main fans just totally forgot about them. They still sayin they hardtime Pac fans and they also sayin the ones on top of the west are u kno, them now playd out corporate Gs like Snoop and Dr. Dre and Xzibit and they even include 50 Cent as the new west, how hoorible and they never even heard of the Bay Area rap and Sac and they would say there's no such thing and that really hurts us really bad!! Just be patient keep it real and live on wit it and some day theyll get some decent popularity and exposure. Aight!!