Al Kapone & Mr Sche "Showdown" flyer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
OverDoze said:
Loving the Shemp influence :dead:
here we go again, SHOW ME WHAT SHEMP COVER I COPIED? WHAT INFLUENCE? Man I'm sick of these faggots, break it down for me.... I'm jackin shemps style cuz I used brushes? colored backgrounds? HUH? the layout? colors?

Apr 25, 2002
Well I would post up the cover that you "Didnt get ideas from" if they still had their covers posted up in the forums. And it also seems that the cover cant be viewed at this time maybe cus you took it down or the server is fucked up, but I do remember one thing that looked Shempish, the background you used behind the Text (the little jagged borders and all, you should know what Im talking about since you used them.)

And since Im here, dont get all butt hurt and dont get all hot headed running around calling people faggots, it gives the impression that you need a moist towelette for your mangina when you do things like that. I just noticed some Shemp influence, I didnt jump on the thread calling you a biter or anything like that now did I. Anyways I have other things Id rather do than get into this with you.

May 5, 2002
OverDoze said:
Well I would post up the cover that you "Didnt get ideas from" if they still had their covers posted up in the forums. And it also seems that the cover cant be viewed at this time maybe cus you took it down or the server is fucked up, but I do remember one thing that looked Shempish, the background you used behind the Text (the little jagged borders and all, you should know what Im talking about since you used them.)

And since Im here, dont get all butt hurt and dont get all hot headed running around calling people faggots, it gives the impression that you need a moist towelette for your mangina when you do things like that. I just noticed some Shemp influence, I didnt jump on the thread calling you a biter or anything like that now did I. Anyways I have other things Id rather do than get into this with you.
Server fucked up but its showin now. What cover? you don't have to post it, just tell me. If you gonna make a claim... back it up. Where did I get the "jagged edge borders" idea from? Why don't you just comment on MY work, why is shemp's name even in this thread? You didn't even say anything about the cover, just shemp, thats what pissed me off (also the fact that I'm pissed off to begin with over other shit)........

May 5, 2002
They had me replace the pic of AL, I thought it was fine personally, kinda like the OG better but whatever they want... pics were from a differen't shoot so they don't match up as nice as I'd want and I don't have the time to sit and tweak em, been rushed this whole project...

here's the cover...

Sep 23, 2003
www.sketch-media.com
tight i like it pimp juice, and yall do need to come off the shemp thing dude is good but not the only designer like that in the world, Nojo who does all whoo kidd and the other ny dj's shit looks just a like and i know he not coping shemp cause dude been designing before shemp knew what photoshop was.

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
whoa whoa there..........i know shemp would comment, but HE IS BANNED...........LOL.........

here's what i think........everyone's got their own style, that's what's so tight about photoshop that it's hard to duplicate something to the T, because there are so many ways to do things in the program. the reason everyone always brings up shemps name is cuz he used to post on the site and show his work. now with that being said, most of the people on this site, i said most, not all, this was the first time they saw covers like this. and if u saw shit somewhere else, and said u wanted to have that doctored look on a cover, stop frontin.........sure u open up a magazine and see doctored shit, but out here and on this site this was the first time people saw shit like that. i'm not sayin he was the first cuz he was not.

Nojo does cool work. but again, it's way different than P.D.G.

basically i'm saying that do what u do, cuz we gon keep on moving and improving with every project reguardless. the new ish is coming........and we ain't talking bout covers

May 15, 2002
This shyt is ridiculous. Why does Shemp name gotta come up everytime does a good cover? Thats why alotta people dont post their work here no more. Yall even ran Cellski away with that bullshyt.

May 5, 2002
thanks for the comments folks

CN, so is it the skin smoothing thats drawing the comparisons? Ive done that shit before shemp was even on this board, but I ain't gonna deny that after seeing his shit it definately made me better at it, but as far as this cover goes I did it as a necesity not for looks. Al's pic (either one that I used) were prefect and crisp, colors were good, but Sche's pic had bad lighting and was kinda grainy, so I had to do his, and it wouldn't match if I only did his alone... As far as what influenced me on this cover, I wouldn't credit that to shemp, I'd credit it to Korean movie covers...