STRIKEFORCE & UFC: THE GLOVES ARE OFF

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 29, 2008
So Coker is comparing it to boxiing and saying that they'll just split so does that mean that m1 pays half the costs too?
sounds like it. Sounds like everything is gonna be split...

I think everyone knows what happened to the other fight orgs and are not trying to follow their financial plan.

Jul 29, 2008
You make valid points f31roger but talking to just one or a few different fighters about the legal aspects is kind of one sided. Fighters that want to fight will be brought back to the UFC. There are many small shows that once a fighter gets a few losses under his belt he builds himself back then comes back to the UFC. Theres quite a few, in fact ill bring up David Louiseu(sp). He has a real good business sense, wins a couple of fights even when he signed with EliteXC managed to find himself back into the UFC.

Now these fighters you talk that dont hold any respective values and badmouth UFC. Well then why would the UFC want them to fight under their banner? Be about your business and be smart about it. Dont burn your bridges and keep yourself as humble as possible. You will only get taken advantage of the situation at hand if your backers arent cooperating with the employer who is supplying the paychecks....

I support any organization that could match up some fights id like to see. I have supported both UFC/WEC and Strikeforce in the past and will continue to do so. Hell Id even support m1 if they put on a good card....

I feel you. I really am one sided. I was never into org wars.. I was more into the fighters themselves.

Just like you, I'll support any org that puts out a show. I am more into MMA than too just look at one org or body.
I'll watch anything... I even watch WCL (alot of kickboxers and boxers are on there).. only thing I didnt really support was Iron ring. Thought it was bullshit.

Everyone wants that contract with the UFC.. bekuz that is the big show. Period. I think Dream, Pancrase and other orgs are dope too.. but would you leave everything behind to live in Japan (I personally would, I love Japan)... many fighters cant and wont.

Again, everyone wants that contract with the UFC, but the only time the UFC is gonna pick talent is if you have a name already or you're making some serious noise.

The fighter's I've talked to really get at it like that, they just didnt like how alot of the big names were treated.. but I'm pretty sure alot of the undercard fighters get treated even worst.

I'm pretty sure the cheap pay that undercard fighters get, they have to cover injuries or medical expenses as well as training expenses.

But that's just views and opinions I ran into. Its why when the IFL was active, the try outs were packed! They know they might not make in the UFC, but in another org... build you name and skill.. and I heard some of the other orgs were more compensating to the fighters. IFL also had a health care plan for fighter and a salary too. and maybe it wasnt the best mma show... but it was really for the fighters. I like the fact that after you've retired, you'd still be in the spotlight again by training a whole camp on camera.

Its really not about burning bridges with the UFC or not having respect. Its how fighters are treated by a company that is running a monopoly.

There's always been alot of criticism about Dana.
I'll bring another example up.

When the IFL came out, Pat Miletich was one of the coaches right? Dana gave him shit about him being part of the IFL.

What did he do to Pat? Dana threatened not to get any fighters out of MFS (Imagine if you were part of that). And MFS was one of the BEST camps bekuz they've produced alot of champions.

Why does Pat Miletich (no contract), teaching in the IFL, gotta do with your fight career? Imagine that Dana blackedballed you in the UFC.

What he do to Pat Miletich? Dana wrote him off the history books of the UFC. He was a good champ and was the first to hold belts in 2 divisions (if memory serves me well).

Dont tell me that AINT bullshit.

and there are alot of similar stories like this.

Feb 7, 2006
Aleks already said Vadim is full of shit and Mousasi apparently got fucked over by m1 into not going to the UFC.
Gegard Mousasi talks about whether the UFC gave him an offer on Sherdog Radio:

JB: Were you offered and not told about an offer from UFC? Is there a rift between you and your management?

GM: There was no offer from the UFC. There were never negotiations about me going to the UFC. I have a 2 fight deal with DREAM. Even if I wanted to fight in the UFC it wouldn't have happened, I have also signed with EA games and I don't think the UFC is very happy about that. There was no chance I'd go to the UFC. Strikeforce and DREAM let me fight in other organizations, that was the best deal for me.

JB: To dispel all rumors, Is there any difficulty between you and your management at M-1?

GM: No.

Jan 2, 2004
Gegard Mousasi talks about whether the UFC gave him an offer on Sherdog Radio:

JB: Were you offered and not told about an offer from UFC? Is there a rift between you and your management?

GM: There was no offer from the UFC. There were never negotiations about me going to the UFC. I have a 2 fight deal with DREAM. Even if I wanted to fight in the UFC it wouldn't have happened, I have also signed with EA games and I don't think the UFC is very happy about that. There was no chance I'd go to the UFC. Strikeforce and DREAM let me fight in other organizations, that was the best deal for me.

JB: To dispel all rumors, Is there any difficulty between you and your management at M-1?

GM: No.
Don't buy it.

Feb 7, 2006
and why not this is coming from him and not his managers.
Besides the Joe silva even said the UFC never made a offer for him. And even if they did make a offer how could they sign someone who has a contract with two other organizations You know The UFC does not do non exclusive contracts.