STRIKEFORCE CHALLENGERS-FRESNO- LAVAR JOHNSON VS LOLOHEA MAHE 3/26/10

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 3, 2006

LAVAR JOHNSON VS LOLOHEA MAHE
ABONGO HUMPHREY VS GEORGE BUSH III
LUKE STEWART VS ANDREW GALVAO
ZOILA FRAUSTO VS MIESHA TATE
JUSTIN WILCOX VS BRYAN TRAVERS

ABOUT
Six months ago, Lavar Johnson lay in a hospital bed, clinging to his life after he was gunned down while attending a family barbeque during the July 4 holiday. On Friday, March 26, the 32-year-old will enter a new chapter in his incredible recovery when he restarts his professional mixed martial arts (MMA) career in the main event of a STRIKEFORCE Challengers fight card at Save Mart Center in Fresno, California on Friday, March 26. In other action on the STRIKEFORCE Challengers card, "Abongo" Humphrey (5-1) of Atlanta, Ga., will square off with George Bush III (5-1) of Columbus, Ohio, at light heavyweight (205 pounds). Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Luke Stewart (6-2) of San Francisco, California will make his long-awaited return to action against Andre Galvao (3-1) of Brazil in a welterweight (170 pounds) contest. Unbeaten Zoila Frausto (2-0) of Fresno will face off at 135 pounds with another one of the top prospects in the women's field, Miesha "Takedown" Tate (7-2) of Olympia, Washington. American Kickboxing Academy bred wrestling stud Justin "The Silverback" Wilcox (8-3) of San Jose, Calif., will do battle with Bryan Travers (13-1) of Bakersfield, Calif., at lightweight (155 pounds). Save Mart Center doors will open for the STRIKEFORCE Challengers event at 6 p.m. PT. The first live, non-televised, preliminary bout will begin at 6:45 p.m.

Never heard of most of em except for zoila frausto since she from madera, but i might check this out

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Big Lavar's the shit, this is his last fight

Galvao's a beast too, I thought he was going to win the DREAM WW Grand Prix but he lost in the semifinals to Jason High on a decision (I thought he won). Here's his fight against John Alessio from the first round of the GP

Also Travers is hurt and Wilcox is fighting Shamar Bailey, who fought on the undercard of the CBS card so I saw him live. Seemed like a lay & prayer.

Dec 19, 2006
FULL CARD UPDATE

MAIN CARD

Lavar Johnson vs. Lolohea Mahe
George Bush III vs. Ron "Abongo" Humphrey
Andre Galvao vs. Luke Stewart
Zoila Frausto vs. Miesha Tate
Justin Wilcox vs. Shamar Bailey

PRELIMINARY CARD

Ben Holscher vs. Alex Trevino
Daniel Cormier vs. John Devine
Luis Jaguarie (a) vs. Paul Ruiz (a)
Ricky Jackson (a) vs. Trinidad Valdez (a)
John Paul (a) vs. Robert Pinon (a)
Chris Buron (a) vs. Avery Kaleo (a)
(a) - Amateur

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Showtime offers free preview weekend, Strikeforce Challengers VII included

While the MMA world will undoubtedly be dialed in to the happenings of UFC 111 on Saturday night, the weekend's fighting action kicks off on Friday.

"Strikeforce Challengers VII: Johnson vs. Mahe" airs on Showtime Friday night, and the premium cable channel is being made available for free to 54.4 million households.

The Showtime All Access Free Preview Weekend begins Thursday, March 25 and runs through Sunday, March 28.

"We are excited that more fans than ever will have the opportunity to watch a live Strikeforce event on Showtime this Friday," Strikeforce director of communications Mike Afromowitz told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "Showtime has made incredible strides with their sports programming recently and they have an outstanding lineup of programming scheduled for the weekend.

"This is a great opportunity for people to get a taste of Strikeforce MMA action and other Showtime programming."

Cable and satellite television subscribers will have free access to Showtime, Showtime HD and Showtime on Demand. Subscribers who do not wish to receive the programming are advised to call their local service providers.

"Strikeforce Challengers VII: Johnson vs. Mahe" features a main event between heavyweights Lavar "Big" Johnson (13-3 MMA, 1-0 SF), who fights for the first time since being shot in July 2009, and undefeated Hawaiian Lolohea Mahe (4-0-1 MMA, 0-0 SF).

The complete Strikeforce Challengers VII card includes:

MAIN CARD

* Lavar Johnson vs. Lolohea Mahe
* George Bush III vs. Ron "Abongo" Humphrey
* Andre Galvao vs. Luke Stewart
* Zoila Frausto vs. Miesha Tate
* Justin Wilcox vs. Shamar Bailey

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Ben Holscher vs. Alex Trevino
* Daniel Cormier vs. John Devine
* Luis Jaguarie (a) vs. Paul Ruiz (a)
* Ricky Jackson (a) vs. Trinidad Valdez (a)
* John Paul (a) vs. Robert Pinon (a)
* Chris Buron (a) vs. Avery Kaleo (a)

(a) - Amateur

DVS ONE

Spanish Springs
Jun 21, 2003
Vista and Hubble
yeah it says on my guide that it doesnt start untill 11 tonight......whaaa?? thats ok cuz KOTC is also on HDNet tonight @ 7....... edit: nevermind starts at 8 the just updated the guide.......

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
lol I'm at work so I just read about it. Sounds like Stewart got robbed and Tate looked good. Cormier won by KO in the 1st on the undercard too. He'll probably be headlining one of these soon