Special Deal on Bosko Tracks!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
JusFamilyRecords.com
We have a CD of exclusive Bosko tracks that we are getting off, and this is a one time offer. If you are interested and serious about getting some of these tracks, you can email me at [email protected].

I guarantee, you will be happy with the price. Get at me and we can talk business. This is a one time offer, and once the tracks on this CD are gone, the prices will go back to normal.

Holler at your boy.

Aug 12, 2002
Mark 7: I picked this up, it's for the Rocktron Banshee, but it should work for a heil as well.

=-=-=-=-=-
Ok........fellas. For all of you Roger/Zapp fans whose been wondering how in the world to get this talbox effect sound, here it goes:

I'm writing this because I've been searching forever and no one wanted to tell the secrets as to how to get the clasic Roger sound, well..........here it goes:

First let me say that I have the Digitech Talker and the Banshee and to get the Roger sound, you have to use a talkbox, not a vocoder. Also, you might want to modify the driver on the Banshee. You want that driver to really drive the air up into your mouth. That's why the Heil may be better, but it's a pain to set-up

1st.....Tubing: Use the tube inclued. It's fine. But wha you want to do is go to the plumbing section and get some adapters/connectors to make the tube smaller. It's a pain, trying to put that big tube in your mouth especially when pronouncing. If you look on the TV you will see that they use small tubes. So, use a connector to make your tube about 3/4"

2. Technique: Place it in your mouth such that it's in the molars. This is what the experts tell me, but it hasn't worked for me. My toungue and inner-cheek skin gets in the way, so I hold mine in the front between my two front teeth and put the tube as far back as possible....without choking yourself. Try differnt positions that give you the best pronunciation. Now........here is the secret: You have to really, really, pronounce your words. You might look silly, but it works. For example, if your pronouncing a word, really move your mouth to pronouce your words and listen. Sometime the way you would normally say a word is overly exagerated in your mouth movements. Also...you have to breath out while you're moving your mouth. It's like a loud whisper. You know how people talk when they have laragitis or they have a real bad sore throat? Nothing comes out as far as sound and all you can hear is air. That's how you talk and play the talkbox into the mic. That's the secret and above all things.......Practice, practice practice!!!

3. Keyboard sound: I'm using a Yamaha EX5. Use your favorite analog lead board (moog, TB303, Analog modelers, JP-8000, Prophecy, Korg Moss board, AN1x (works very good).....etc.) You want to use a super saw. If you don't have an analogish board, then use your 4 elements and choose 4 saws that are detuned. Turn the global effects off (Reverb and Chorus) YOu don't want a wet sound. The sound should sound like a buzz or a chain saw. Really ugly. Move the attack time up. YOu don't want the attack to be sharp, it takes away from the sound. Let the attack slowly glide in. You have to use Portamento/slide and legato. On my EX5, I can use two notes of Poly which is perfect, because you don't want to play more than 2 or 3 finger chords, because it starts sounding ugly. For extra added robtic sounds, use your insert effects. Try using a fuzz effect. On my EX5 I'm using a talking modualto that gives me vowl sounds. The fuzz adds a little bit of distortion.....Not too much though. For your modulation wheels or modulation stick (roland), make sure it vibrates kinda fast. About 100 out of 127. Makes sure the depth is noticable. If you have an EQ effect or global EQ, Amplify the midrange, as voices tend to be on the midrange. Crank the dB of the midrange high and try to crank the overall Gain of the whole sound, so it really shoots into your Talkbox.

Hints: The lower notes sound better. Don't play more than two finger chords. Talk like you have larangitis, and really over exagerate the pronunciation and the air coming out. Change the tube, to be smaller and play with placements.
=-=-=-=-=-=-

I can't wait til I get a little money for one...