Ricky Hatton: "Floyd Mayweather Jr Can't Sell Tickets

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2005
By Mark Vester

Ricky Hatton has come out swinging at the recent comments that were made by Floyd Mayweather Jr. Hatton was upset over some of the recent comments that Mayweather made about ending his career. Hatton suffered his first loss with a ten-round stoppage to Mayweather in December of 2007.

Hatton said Mayweather can't sell tickets and blamed that as the reason for Mayweather's issues with the upcoming September 19 bout with Juan Manuel Marquez.

"Floyd Mayweather said he gave Oscar De La Hoya his biggest pay day and that he gave me my biggest payday," said Hatton to the Manchester Evening News. "But we gave him his biggest paydays. He may be a wonderful fighter, but he still can't sell tickets."

The comments by Mayweather may have lit a fire under Hatton, who is still thinking over the possibility of coming back to the sport.

"I've lost twice and to the two best fighters in the world," Hatton said. "That is the only title left for me, but I will make my mind up."

Dec 30, 2003
why is hatton clowning on anybody not being able to do sumthin?

if i was mayweather i would simply say...

i cant sell tix? well u cant dodge punches... LOL

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Despite if floyd can sell or not.......He knocked hatton out......Im anxious to see floyd back in the ring......

Dec 9, 2005
He does have a point, though Floyd did play B-side to two huge fights, one of them being the biggest fight ever.

I think he means that Floyd being the A-side to a fight, won't be as successful as he might think.

But at this point, Floyd is a superstar, and I think as long as he isn't fighting Glass Joe, he's going to sell tickets.

People are going to tune in, and many of them will do so, just to see him get his mouth shut. Regardless, they will be tuning in.

Although I don't think the Marquez fight will sell as well as people think.