Randy Couture Interested In Dropping to 205 To Fight Machida

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2005
Could the old man shock the world again?

- According to a recent interview with On Portland, Randy Couture is interested in dropping to 205 and facing UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Lyoto Machida. Couture stated the following…

"[Machida's] got a very unique style – it's very unorthodox. He stays pretty true to his karate background and makes it work for him. He's got great footwork, great balance. He's very patient. I think he's terrific," said Couture of Machida after flashing a coy smile when the subject initially came up. I could certainly go back down to 205 if that was something (the UFC) wanted to see. I'd be interested in competing against him. I think he's a tremendous competitor and somebody I'd like to fight."

Credit: On Portland and fiveouncesofpain.com

Dec 9, 2005
I think that would be a good fight actually. Randy is one of the best at coming up with a solid gameplan, and sticking to it.

I think if he can close the distance, and use the clinch, he has a pretty good chance. I would like to see this fight.

Jul 29, 2008
wow... that's a pretty good match up IMO. If Randy can close the distance and get into clinch and do some dirty boxing.. yeah, I think he can do it.