People At Work

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Is there a person (people) at your job that just get on your nerves? You want to tell this person off, but there is just something holding you back?

Here's mine:
At my job, I have 2 students (I teach at a community college). We are in this classroom M-F from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. There is a janitor guy (his name is Nate) that walks around all day looking for garbage in our trash cans. What pisses me off about this guy is that he comes in our classroom like 4-5 times a day (no joke) looking for trash cans to empty. First of all, there are only 3 of us in here all day. How much garbage can 3 people possibly make? (especially when this is an online course & every piece of paper I pass out has some type of value so they're expected to keep it) 95% of the time when he comes in here, there's either no garbage at all or like 3 pieces of crumbled up paper & some dirty kleenex. Why doesn't this man just come once or twice a day? I don't understand this. I know he sees that we don't need him to constantly empty our garbage all day long. And he comes in around 8:30 am everyday (and almost every hour after that. I know, cuzz I've been writing down the times when he comes) He knows what time we get here, cuzz he sees me walk in every day. Does he think that we snuck in the building overnight & had a party & maybe there will be a whole shit load of garbage for him to take out? WTF? Then, to make it worse, dude does not smell good at all. So when he walks out of my office, he leaves his not-so-fresh scent behind. So I have to sit here either holding my breath or gagging for the next 5 minutes until the air clears. I think one day we will just cut up a whole box of printer paper & throw it away so Nate will have something to do. People say I shouldn't say anything to him cuzz he's old & has probably been doing that same routine for the past 20 years. But damn it! I get tired of him shuffling in & out of here all day smelling like 10 day old sour milk!!! If I was him, I would be happy that there wasn't much to do & find a nice spot to sit my ass down.

Just venting.

Nov 21, 2002
As Nate's agent, I must try to make you understand that with the "old cleaning guy" market like it is, Nate is forced to be an over achiever. There are people who would be willing to smell much worse and unnecessarily walk into your office 6-7 times a day, so Nate can't afford to slip up and open the door for them. Nate has smelly kids to feed.

Feb 26, 2003
man got 2 feed ya kids, and you cleaning godamn garbege orr shit, you smell cuz 1. You clean op garbege, and what does garbage smells like, ooh my goss, yess it stink.
2. He's walking da howl fucking time, and iff you moving and not sit da hwole day on yo ass you gonna sweat, and what does sweat smelld like, yess that stinks 2.

Godman man i think it ROUTINE he does that in evvery clasroom and office, man where you irtating ya at? Damn you don't got worse things 2 worry about?

Of course I have worse things to worry about. I'm not even worried about him. All I was saying is that he gets on my nerves by unnecessarily shuffling in and out of my classroom (disrupting MY CLASS) between 4-7 times a day when 3-5 out of those 4-7 times he walks out empty handed. I'm not knockin the man for being a janitor or having a job to feed his kids or grandkids or whatever. I'm just saying that he gets on my nerves. I'm sure most people have someone at their job who gets on their nerves for one reason or another. Damn man. It's not really that serious. And about him stinking...he doesn't smell like garbage. He smells like unwashed armpits at 8:00 in the morning. I'm sure that at 8:00 in the morning he was doing too much sweating.