NBA Finals ratings plummet from last year

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
NEW YORK -- With the Los Angeles Lakers dominating the NBA Finals, overnight ratings plummeted by 26 percent for Sunday's key Game 3.

The Lakers' 106-103 victory for a 3-0 series lead over the New Jersey Nets drew a rating of 11.8 and a 19 share in the nation's 53 largest markets, down from a 16.0 rating and a 26 share for the third game a year ago.

The full national ratings will be out later this week.

The rating is the percentage of all homes with TVs, whether or not they are in use. Share is the percentage of homes with TVs in use.

Last year's finals between the Lakers and Philadelphia was tied at 1-1 going into Game 3.

The overnight rating for Saturday night's triple overtime win by Detroit over Carolina in the third game of the Stanley Cup finals was 3.8, compared with a 4.0 for the third game of the New Jersey-Colorado series last year.

However, that game was played on a Thursday night, which on average gets a 17 percent higher ratings that Saturday, the slowest television night of the week.

No figures were available on the number of pay-per-view purchases on the Lennox Lewis-Mike Tyson fight Saturday night. HBO said it expected the total late Tuesday or early Wednesday.

May 10, 2002
BASICALLY NEW JERSEY DISSAPOINTED THE HELL OUT OF ME, I THOUGHT THEY COULD PUT UP A LITTLE FIGHT, OH WELL IM JUST GLAD CRY BABY WEBBER DIDNT GET A TITLE. IF HE WASNT ON SAC I WOULD LIKE SAC CUZ BIBBYS RAW, VLADE IS RAW, AND ALL THE OTHERS IS COO ITS JUST WEBER IS A BITCH PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
I TOLD YOU ,NBA DIDNT WANT ANOTHER LAKER DYNASTY....RATINGS GO DOWN INTREST GOES DOWN HUGE MONEY IS LOST FROM SWEEPS,COMMERCIALS TIME,TICKET SALES ETC..$$$$$$$$...WELL SEE NEXT YEAR WHAT NEW RULE THEY MAKE UP TO GIVE TEAMS LIKE THE KINGS MORE OF A CHANCE....MAYBE SHAQ WONT BE ALLOWED PAST THE 3 PIONT LINE....LIKE I SAID BEFORE ALL THAT TALK ABOUT THE NBA WANTING L.A IN THE FINALS IS STRAIGHT BULLSHIT,YEAH NBC WANTED A SWEEP AND LOSE MONEY...LET SEE IF THEY DISBAND THE LAKERS LIKE THE BULLS.EITHER WAY THEIR GONNA MAKE IT REAL DIFFICULT FOR L.A TO BE BACK NEXT YEAR..

May 27, 2002
www.google.com
Deep Thought said:
NEW YORK -- With the Los Angeles Lakers dominating the NBA Finals, overnight ratings plummeted by 26 percent for Sunday's key Game 3.

The Lakers' 106-103 victory for a 3-0 series lead over the New Jersey Nets drew a rating of 11.8 and a 19 share in the nation's 53 largest markets, down from a 16.0 rating and a 26 share for the third game a year ago.

The full national ratings will be out later this week.

The rating is the percentage of all homes with TVs, whether or not they are in use. Share is the percentage of homes with TVs in use.

Last year's finals between the Lakers and Philadelphia was tied at 1-1 going into Game 3.

The overnight rating for Saturday night's triple overtime win by Detroit over Carolina in the third game of the Stanley Cup finals was 3.8, compared with a 4.0 for the third game of the New Jersey-Colorado series last year.

However, that game was played on a Thursday night, which on average gets a 17 percent higher ratings that Saturday, the slowest television night of the week.

No figures were available on the number of pay-per-view purchases on the Lennox Lewis-Mike Tyson fight Saturday night. HBO said it expected the total late Tuesday or early Wednesday.

that wasnt just in the new york paper my paper said the same thing. lets hope the lakers sweep and get this over with. the series is even boring for me!