My Review Of Hollow Tip & Mic-C - 2 Sav - Sav'd Out

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Here it is. View the cover art at my site:

http://2siccreviews.cjb.net

Track Listing:
1) "2 Sav Intro"
2) "Real Life"
3) "Keep it Gangsta" ft. Off 1, Sianide
4) "U Ain't a Ryda"
5) "The Power"
6) "U Hate Me"
7) "Mercenaries" ft. Mr. Skrilla
8) "On the Freeway" ft. Bread
9) "Ryde or Die"
10)"Run 4 Yo Life" ft. J-Mack
11)"Speakin' My Name"
12)"The Bomb"
13)"Bitch Niggaz" ft. Off 1, Greedy, Sianide, Callage
14)"Put it in the Air"
15)"Enemies 4 Life"
16)"4 Barrells" ft. 86, Agony Ace
17)"On the Run"

1)-This track gets the album started off right. A coo beat while Hollow and Mic-C rip up the mic. Hollow Tip and Mic-C rap well together and this track shows it as they switch off verses with ease. A great track to start it off.

2)-Hollow and Mic-C flowing about their life. Some heart to this track, but with a gangsta twist to it. The beat is alright, but the background instruments are coo. A pretty good track, but a lot of heart to it. Powerful lyrics.

3)-The hook is tight. Hollow disses High Side for the millionth time and Mic-C, Off 1 and Sianide come with some heat. Some nice piano work on this one and the beat is pretty good. I'm feeling the hook the most. A good track overall.

4)-The C-Lim diss track. Talk about getting clowned. WHOA!!!! Hollow and Mic-C diss the shit outta C-Lim. the beat is the same as from 2Pac's "Ambitionz az a Ridah." I can't say enough about this track. My favorite track on the album cause C-Lim gets destroyed.

5)-I like the background affects, but the beat didn't come off tight to me. Hollow has a better verse than Mic-C to me, but both still have heat. If they beat was better this would have been a pretty good track, but overall I'm not feeling it.

6)-The production is pretty coo overall, but again I'm not really feeling the beat. It has more of a laid back feel to it. Both Hollow Tip and Mic-C have a slower flow on this track. A coo laid back type of track. Good overall.

7)-A much better beat on this track. Mr. Skrilla starts off the track with a coo verse. His style is so different than Hollow and Mic-C's. Hollow Tip's verse is heated and Mic-C comes clean too. I'm feeling this track. Good overall.

8)-Hollow starts it off with some of that classic Hollow Tip type shit. I like the beat and backgrounf affects. I'm not feeling Bread's verse or him on the hook. A good track except for Bread, I'm not feeling him.

9)-Mic-C starts off with a decent flow. The instruments on this track are great. The hook is pretty good. This track gets your head moving too. I like they lyrics that Hollow Tip spits. Just putting it down for the haters. This track is the same from Hollow Tip's "Thug Status."

10)-J-Mack starts it off with a coo flow. These three have been doing tracks with each other since "Takin' No Shortz." The beat isn't that great and that's the only downfall for this track. Besides the beat everything has heat.

11)-I'm feeling this beat. Probably the best track production wise on the album. The hook is funny by Hollow and the overall spits are sicc. I'm feeling this track to the fullest. Everything fits together well. Sicc overall.

12)-Again I'm feeling the beat and production. The flows fit in perfectly to the beat and it gets your head moving. This is one of my favorite tracks. Hollow and Mic-C rip up the mic. I'm feeling the hook by Mic-C also. Sicc overall.

13)-This track has a laid back feel to it. A coo little beat and everyone spits some coo lyrics. Everyone has a short verse since there is so many people on it. I'm feeling it, even though it's a little slow for my taste.

14)-I like the production. The hook by Mic-C is coo and his verse is alright. I'm feeling Hollow's verse more than Mic-C's. His verse seems to fit into the beat a little better. It's still a coo track overall though.

15)-I'm feeling the production on this track and I like both Hollow and Mic-C's flows. A pretty good track overall, nothing special, but still brings some heat.

16)-One of the hardest hitting tracks on the album. The flows are very fast and the beat is tight. Hollow starts off with a quick paced verse. Mic-C then comes in with a slow paced verse. Besides Mic-C's verse I'm feeling everything. Another on of my favorite tracks on the album.

17)-I'm feeling this track to the fullest. The production gives more of that fast paced feel and Hollow and Mic-C rip up the mic. Everything fits together well and brings heat to the whole track. A good song to end the album with.

Overall I'm feeling this album. I wasn't feeling it too much at first, but after about 3 listens I was feeling it more and more. The beats were good on the second half of the album. The C-Lim diss was the best part. I would have liked to see one or two more popular artisits featured. Still a great album overall.

Late!

Apr 25, 2002
why does hollow have beef with Highside it seems like highside destroyed I dont hear anything from them and it felt like just only a little over a year ago everything seeem stable.. ya I hear the C-Lim diss is hard but what does Hollow & mic say that tears C-Lim a new asshole that has everyone talkin...Looks like It worth pickin up to me.. It always good to hear some new Hollow..

Apr 25, 2002
good review blu.. but i wasnt really feelin this album,i guess i was expecting more, kind of a dissapointment. i bought it the first day it came out and listened to it a couple timesand havent touchedit since.and this is comin from a big hollow tip fan.

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
ZoSicc said:
blutarski, it'd be nice if you could put a rating system, like a-f or 1-10 or something :p just a thought
I'll keep it in mind, but I'm really not a rating type of guy. It's hard to rate a track cause there is a lot of things you got to consider. I will keep it in mind on further reviews though and while I revamp the site.

Late!

May 10, 2002
thats a damn shame if hollows album is surviving jus off of the song he made about lil ol me
who am I what I scan like "4 thousand copies"
compared to his 60 over the years
I guess I should thank hollow 4 maken so many songs about me and geting my name cracc'n so thanx hollow.....but now you think hollows song "u aint a ryda" is tight
wait untill you hear my song "hollow weenie"
my response I made cefore we faught........

jus like dame said hollows gonna bubble me.......c-lim

thanx 4 the push.....not ceing sarcastic REAL CHOP...!

May 10, 2002
Blutarski, you don't necessarily have to do a rating for each song (unless you want to), but I always like to see the whole album get a rating out of 10. Just a suggestion. But any review is a good review...thanks for taking the time! I always enjoy reading them regardless...