Mortal Kombat blu ray release 4-19-2011 with extras

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
both movies are being released on Blu-ray along side of the video games on April 19th, 2011. An extra bonus is that these editions will contain exclusive codes to unlock a Jade Klassic Costume in the PlayStation 3 version of Mortal Kombat (2011). Seems Xbox 360 owners are out of luck on this deal, likely because they can easily assume more than likely your Blu-ray player is a PlayStation 3.

This US release seems to have a few more features than the Barebones Canadian releases from last year as it's including a copy of Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins. Here is a rundown of the special features.

The releases will contain bonus materials and extra features, and will both be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $19.98.

The Mortal Kombat Blu-ray will feature the following bonus materials:

-- Animated piece, Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins
-- Theatrical Trailer
-- Digital Copy
-- HD Mortal Kombat Videogame Trailer

The Mortal Kombat: Annihilation Blu-ray will feature the following bonus materials:

-- Theatrical Trailer
-- Digital Copy
-- HD Mortal Kombat Videogame Trailer

Who will be picking these movies up as well on "Toasty Tuesday"? Personally I'll be grabbing the first movie only, no need to relive the horror that Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was again.

Feb 23, 2005
nep.503
Animated piece, Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins

i remember owning this back on vhs when it first dropped. tight, but pissed nothing more happened with it.

Oct 27, 2008
i imagine people will only buy this for the jade DLC....
it costs $20.. so i disagree. most sane people would not pay that much for an alternate outfit. if they said "hey, SMOKE is only available if you buy this blu-ray!!" yeah, maybe. but an alternate outfit? no.

aside from that, i think i'm one of the few people who actually liked the 2nd mortal kombat movie. i mean, the 1st one was a bad movie. alot of fans dont think so, but it was. it was bad in a very good way. & the sequel was fuckin awful in the most hilarious & entertaining of ways. so i personally enjoyed both.