MOOG UPGRADE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I had a moog voyager,and got rid of it,cause i needed a more universal synth(motif), I miss the sounds..my jp8000 is a virtual analog,but doesnt have the muscle (I got banks of custom sounds too) At the time I know I made the right decision,but now with this new upgrade you can buy pretty cheap,the voyager is looking more and more good,I have to also say it is one of the best synths ever made,someone cant just walk in the room with out comment or touching......here are some new specs
Version 3.X Upgrade

We are pleased to announce a significant enhancement to the Voyager synthesizer line - Version 3.X (V3.X). This enhancement requires an upgrade to both your Voyager hardware as well as the new V3.X software.

V3.X HARDWARE upgrade extends the current single Bank of 128 Presets to 7 Banks of 128 Presets for a total of 896 user accessible presets. This upgrade is available for all Voyager Editions (Signature, Performer, Anniversary, Electric Blue, and Rack Mount).

Of the 896 user accessible presets, 704 come pre-loaded with patches from Nigel Hopkins, Brian Kehew, Will Alexander, Bernie Worrell, Drew Neumann, Amos Gaynes, Steve Dunnington, Aron Magner, Chad Hugo, Darrell Diaz, Frank Lucas, Fred Wreck, Gabrial McNair, Geoffrey Keezer, Herbie Hancock, Khari Simmons, James Lumb, Jamie Muhoberac, Joseph Rivers, Neil Palmer, Printz Board, Randy Cantor, Rick Wakeman, Mark Kline, Zon Vern Pyles, Thomas Wolf.

Additionally, the V3.X SOFTWARE adds the following capability to the Voyager:

The External Mixer knob (just right of the display panel) has a dual function that allows you to rapidly change presets as opposed to continuously punching the cursor buttons.

MIDI Enhancements:

- Allows you to send either 7 or 14 bit resolution from the Mod Wheel.

- Optionally reduces the amount of MIDI data being sent from the Touch Surface.

(These changes enable the Voyager to work better with older MIDI equipment.)

V3.X is available immediately on a return to Factory Upgrade for $345. (Customer pays shipping to and from Moog. Call for an RMA# prior to returning your Voyager to Moog.)

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
they still kind of expensive but you can probably get the rack for $1500 I think in another year,they gonna drop..I had the signature series....now that Bob moog is dead I beleive the prices are a little higher,but they will drop..especially with all these people going with software..I beleive hardware is gonna be less in demand except for the performers and die hard hardware fans.A little note I was reading in a keyboard or electronic musician mag or one of those and there was a keyboardist who tours with usher and he said during one leg of the tour instead of having a bassist...they used the voyager.. when I had mine I had the mpc3000(still do) a emu pk6,a yamahatx81z(for talkbox) so Im all hooked up and Im loving the sounds...and playin with the knobs..I was like a lil 14 year old playin with some titties..with all them knobs,But only being abled to use 1 sound for each song..remeber its a mono synth still....I traded for a motif rack,jp8000,and two beats from my boy raw steel..I miss that moog..If I get another I will hold on to it..