Master P Cut From Denver Nuggets

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Percy “Master P.” Miller was among five players cut from the Denver Nuggets summer league, just before the team’s second practice.

According to reports, the mogul’s celebrity status made it awkward for assistant coach Scott Brooks to break the bad news.

“(Miller) thanked me and was very respectful,” Brooks told the Denver Post. “I was impressed. I heard some questionable stories from other teams. He worked hard. But even he knew it and said he wasn’t in shape.”

The cut comes as new assistant coach and former Los Angeles Laker star Michael Cooper joined the team, after serving as head coach for the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks.

Miller was signed with the American Basketball Association's The Las Vegas Rattlers in addition to the Nugget and the Hornets and a variety of semi-pro teams. The rapper said that his tireless pursuit of playing pro-basketball was echoed in the name of his company, No Limit.

“Their aint No Limit to how we can overcome things,” Miller told AllHipHop.com in April. “Like me playing basketball, or that it’s for publicity, but I averaged 23 points a game in the ABA.”

Miller was on his way to college to play for the University of Houston in his younger days, when a knee injury sidelined him.

That is when Miller launched his influential record label, No Limit.

Feb 11, 2004
www.soundclick.com
lol, i remember when that nigga use to play for the team out here in dago, when he came out the hyped um up all hard and shit but before the first quarter was over that nigga was havin trouble gettin up and down the court. he fucked his leg up and thats tha last i seen him. homie should give it up and stick to coachin lil league