How Much Does an Ad on KMEL Cost?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002
I wondering out of curiosity. Cause a lot of cats have enough to spend on a radio ad I'm sure. It's not as costly as TV, and has a more focused target audience as well. Why don't Bay artists buy radio ads? You can still do em Master P style (a buncha ads in one) too I think... Also, buying airtime also gives the radio more reason to support and PLAY the artists, IMO.

PS, does anyone else find it insulting that bay artists can only get on the radio under the name "Bay Area All Stars" and by jacking other peoples beats?

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
thats a good question, i'd be very intrested to know how much it is to run like a 20sec to a minute ad on KMEL or WILD 949

I bet its bank though! i'd guess like maybe 300 - 500 for a 20 sec ad... and if its during prime time radio, probally way more!

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.sinacal.com
Im guessing its gotta cost a couple thousand to run a strong ad campaign on the radio... but its worth it... for one you let thousands of people know about your product with the ad... and like Crush said it helps build a relationship with the radio... and after putting money in thier pockets it will be easier to get support from them...

People need to stop bitching saying the radios need to play Bay Area artist... the radios are a business... they make thier money from selling ads... so if you want them to to help you sell your cds... help them sell their ads... and buy some...

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
Itz more cost effective to run video commercials thru AT&T broadband and similar localized cable companies.

You can get spots as low as $5 per spot when you buy bulk

Radio spots here in Merced are $9 (late at nite and around $50 during the day and thatz in a small market... i assuem Sac & Bay Markets are $100-$200 for the cheap spots and up to $500-$1000 for the drivetime spots...

May 7, 2002
og MS said:
Itz more cost effective to run video commercials thru AT&T broadband and similar localized cable companies.

You can get spots as low as $5 per spot when you buy bulk

Radio spots here in Merced are $9 (late at nite and around $50 during the day and thatz in a small market... i assuem Sac & Bay Markets are $100-$200 for the cheap spots and up to $500-$1000 for the drivetime spots...
Good Quote Im going to use your info Sir.....

May 1, 2002
You can run a Co-op with a store like Rasputins and get about 14 30 second spots for $1700. The problem is they run you all over the day over a four day period. Cable T.V on the other hand cost about $50 dollars for one spot on a channel like BET during Rap City. But thats one commercial in one city. You can do market wide overnights on Cable for about $10 a spot. The problem with the commercial is you have to pay to produce the spot.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
yea thru AT&T broadband out here you can get nice cost effective packages and great placement on the Rap Citys, 106th & Parks, Comicviews, etc...

Thru experience.. radio spots were a waste of money for us but thatz our stance on the matter. I think visibility is more important and with video spotz you can achieve that.

May 8, 2002
www.myspace.com
Crush

when my boy opened the playaz club in frisco(Strip club on 6th) it costs him 5k for 2 nights 1 once an hour for two days...and that was back in 98'

i can talk to a few folks at the station

hit me up on the cell ....... dogg u know where to get at me