hacking into a laptop

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
What version of windows is it? If it's NT/2000/XP then go here:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html
Download the files and make the bootdisk. Then boot with it and go through the steps, it's pretty simple to do. It will let you erase the password and then you will be able to log in with a blank password. Though if you don't care about any of the information on it then you can just format and reinstall windows.

Nov 30, 2002
wowsers... you can do that... or look in the dictionary and type every word there is... and then use every combination of letters on the keyboard there is... if it were my choice... i'd try the other dudes idea... but if it isnt that model... try mine... its bound to work

pz

Aug 6, 2002
NOPE! what tim said won't work if its a system password not a operating system password. If it asks you for a password right when you turn on the laptop there is no way to get into it. You might as will return it. It's not even with the hard drive. it's with the bios. so switching out the harddrive won't work either. Try and sell it or return it....

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
pitty4thebitti said:
If it asks you for a password right when you turn on the laptop there is no way to get into it.
I'm not sure if it will work on a laptop but I've done it several times on desktops. All you have to do is remove the jumper for the BIOS and it will lose all the settings, including the password.

Aug 6, 2002
Tim said:

I'm not sure if it will work on a laptop but I've done it several times on desktops. All you have to do is remove the jumper for the BIOS and it will lose all the settings, including the password.
no it won't work, it's stored in the cmos. you can't reset it even it you take out the battery. the only way to unlock it is call Dell support and if the laptop is stolen your fucked because you have to give them the serial number in order to get advice. And they take down your info so they will have the police knocking on your door soon. But if the laptop isn't stolen then you just call them up, give them your info and they will give you the key sequence in order to get into the laptop.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
pitty4thebitti said:

no it won't work, it's stored in the cmos. you can't reset it even it you take out the battery. the only way to unlock it is call Dell support and if the laptop is stolen your fucked because you have to give them the serial number in order to get advice. And they take down your info so they will have the police knocking on your door soon. But if the laptop isn't stolen then you just call them up, give them your info and they will give you the key sequence in order to get into the laptop.
Well, at work we have some dell computers that we got from another office and some of them had boot passwords so we couldn't set them up. I pulled the jumper off and booted and it let me in to the BIOS I was able to disable the password, shut the computer down, put the jumper bacc on and everything was fine. It no longer asked for a password. I don't know if laptops are the same way but I know for a fact it works with desktops.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
just to let every1 kno it is stolen so im calling dell or tryin to return it, i have actually seen it yet b/c the dude that wanted me 2 do it didnt bring it yet

he said it has winxp on it but i dont kno if its the system or os password but thanks 4 the links tim ill look into them

Aug 6, 2002
Tim said:

Well, at work we have some dell computers that we got from another office and some of them had boot passwords so we couldn't set them up. I pulled the jumper off and booted and it let me in to the BIOS I was able to disable the password, shut the computer down, put the jumper bacc on and everything was fine. It no longer asked for a password. I don't know if laptops are the same way but I know for a fact it works with desktops.
laptops are more secure for the simple fact that they are easier to steal.

Aug 6, 2002
tony206 said:
just to let every1 kno it is stolen so im calling dell or tryin to return it, i have actually seen it yet b/c the dude that wanted me 2 do it didnt bring it yet

he said it has winxp on it but i dont kno if its the system or os password but thanks 4 the links tim ill look into them
my suggestion....DON'T CALL DELL!