Goofy Wrestling Gimmicks who turned into big stars

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I remember when Paul Heyman was Paul E Dangerously and managed hella people in WCW including Undertaker when he was mean mark

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I can reverse it a little and think of some people that had success and then afterward got goofy gimmicks....

Smash of Demolition became the Repo Man and then went to WCW and became a golfer named Barry Darsow

Barry Windam became The Stalker

Nova became Simon Dean

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat was literally turned into a dragon for awhile when the WWF had him dressed like one and had him spitting fire

Terry Taylor became The Red Rooster

Mike Awesome became "That 70's Guy"

Dusty Rhodes got put in polka dots lol even though he was still just Dusty Rhodes

Shane Douglas became Dean Douglas

Big Boss Man became The Angel and various other dumb gimmicks before coming back to WWF as the Big Boss Man again

Perry Saturn became a retard that loved a mop

I'll think of some more later.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Yeah, Flex Cavana was the name The Rock used in USWA. He was a huge baby face down there. They repackaged him as Rocky Miavia for his Survior Series debut. He may have wrestled as "Flex Cavana" in a jobber/development role in the WWE, but I have no idea for sure.

And Lance Storm's before and after is badass.

A great representation of BAD befores and GOOD afters would be when Bill Goldberg debuted as a Jobber for Roddy Piper's team at Uncensored '96... then coming back as the biggest bad ass in WCW history.

Aug 26, 2002
jayda650 said:
I remember when Undertaker was mean mark, he used to give fools the heart punch

Did you know the old school wrestler "The Genius" was Randy Savages brother?
no shit, wasnt he also Leapin Lanning Pafo or some shit of that sort

wasnt the Mountee someone before or after that gimmick "I AM THE MOUNTEE"

Aug 26, 2002
jayda650 said:
I remember when Paul Heyman was Paul E Dangerously and managed hella people in WCW including Undertaker when he was mean mark

Man i remeber back in the days when Paul E Dangerously busted those old ass cell phones over the head of the dude from Wonder Years, the brother Wayne i think. Man can anyone get that clip, that shit was hilarious.

Aug 26, 2002
this thread brings straight fuckin memories and shit...we should have a thread for great moments in wrestling, weather its comedy or serious, like the booker t interview...shit i have one where Andre the Giant farts while being interviewed and Mean Jean Okerland has this look on his face or the one where Coco B Ware's bird shits on the camera...man those were classic.

May 16, 2002
Tuaroa said:
no shit, wasnt he also Leapin Lanning Pafo or some shit of that sort

wasnt the Mountee someone before or after that gimmick "I AM THE MOUNTEE"
the genious' real name is lanny poffo. and he is macho man's bro. and the mountie is Jaques Rougeau. he was part of the "fabulous rougeau brothers" with his brother Ray. he also was a part of the "quebecers" with pierre.

other star crap gimmicks:

kane was also the "fake diesel"

earthquake became "the shark" and "golga" of the oddities

william regal was also "the mans man" and "lord stephen regal"

deisel/nash was part of the "skyscrapers" way back in wcw with sid vicious and eventually he was replaced by mark calloway aka the undertaker.

papa shango/godfather was also kama mustafa of the nation of domination

rickishi was fatu...a "headshrinker" with samu

savio vega was "kwang" the doushe that spit green shit

crush from demolition became "kona crush" and eventually bryan adams of the team "kronik" along with brian clark who was once "atom bomb"

thats enough for now.

Kreep

Sicc OG
May 18, 2004
JBL use to be Justin Hawk Bradshaw....then the APA with Farooq

Kevin Nash use to be called Vinnie Vegas in the WCW. I think he was managed by Harley Race

Scott Hall was the Diamond Stud in the WCW and he use to be managed by DDP

Meng use to be the Tongan kid back in the day, then Haku of the Islanders, and then Meng in the WCW. Then came back to the WWE for a short period.

X-Pac use to be The 1-2-3 kid in the WWE, then Syxx in the WCW, then came back to the WWE as X-pac.

Damn Raven looked hella different when he was Johnny Polo and Scotty Flamingo. Now he looks like a fuckin goth...what a shame

I saw a pic of the Undertaker online somewhere, when he use to be a basketball player in college. He looked completely different too.

Anyway I'll try and think of some more later...

Kreep