Dinner for Schmucks

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Dinner for Schmucks 90% of what would have been funny in this movie is in the trailer. Steve Carell I've gotten to the point now that he is only funny on TV. Paul Rudd was a waste playing the straight man since he can be funny. Zach Galifianakis was the funniest part, but most of his stuff that was good has been seen in trailers and commercials. Jemaine Clement and Jason Segel who aren't in the commercial provide the only other chuckle moments, but definitely not laugh out loud funny. The movie is less comedy and more cute touching awww type movie. Over all disappointing as there was obviously potential there. 1.25 out of 5

Sep 29, 2003
yea the movie doesnt look funny at all....I'm starting to think I'm too old for comedies these days...

on a side note, I didnt know Jason Segel was in this....I can't wait for his next role, Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a personal classic for me.....dude stole the show

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
Carell was basically Micheal Scott with orange hair and fake teeth, he might not be able to shake that like some TV actors can't. I complete agree about Rudd being the straight man, he's great in roles where he doesn't have to be serious. He was also the straight man in I Love You Man too but luckily he was able to be goofy and matched Jason Segal. Speaking of which, I thought Segal was in it too as the blind swords man, but it wasn't him. Movie wasn't the best, it's watchable with few laughs but I wouldn't buy it or see it again in theaters. I'd recommend it if you're flipping channels and catch it on TBS or something tho, why not.

Also I'm glad Nick Kroll's getting movie roles and Kristen Schaal was pretty good in it.

Jan 18, 2006
Carrell isn't even that funny, he's over dramatic about everything and is more annoying then funny. He was good in 40 year old virgin but folks really overdue how funny the office is

Sep 29, 2003
^^thats the truth.....steve carell is a pretty funny dude all around..But for some reason when people write a script for him, they turn him into a douchbag whos trying to be funny. 40 year old virgin is an undisputed classic though..

big D

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
This review doesn't surprise me. I saw this trailer when i saw Inception and i thought it was the worst of those trailers. Hell, even the Zach Efron movie looked more appealing than this. <-- I cannot believe I just said that...lol

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i got more laughs out of A-Team and that was an action flick, I should have known better Steve Carrell sucks in everything ive seen besides 40 year old virgin. It was dissapointing