Bringing BAY AREA 2 THE FOREFRONT!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
well...
i have to say this...
cus i agree with what Wax said...
i will not support weak shit...
that being said...

i think in order to qualify for this NETWORK...you're going to have to have some skills...
because if we help Mr. SUCKA MC out... then we're just adding to the garbage...

i think you guys should take this like you're A&R scouts...have people send in demos...have an unbiased group of judges...(doxx...senator...b-12...rhythm X...Cuda etc)...the people they feel are qualified (skill wise/mind wise) can participate...
maybe with a fee of 500? 1000?

like b-12 said...100 cats puttin in a G is 100,000 towards promotion...

Producers/STudios who lower their prices to the artists involved with THE LABEL GROUP...get advertised along with the artists who threw in money

100.000 can get a lot of Source/Bet ads...if those producers and studios are included in the ads...their business will pick up as well

that's a lot of incentive for them to get involved and help us out...

anybody read me?

Apr 25, 2002
my dad was music club owner a band manager and a promoter for a long time...and was pretty influential in the biz...

i truthfully owe any bit of music knowledge i have to him...my og drug dealin potnas(you know you learn business from the good ones...) and my big homies on the siccness/bart who lace this youngsta

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I was trying to orginize something like this awhile back (IMC indie. Music Connection) Which would involve a network or promoters and out the trunk sales..

But damn ya'll soundin like its coming togiether orginized very well.

Redlight is down to represent and show support.

Strong alone
Unstoppable as a whole..

This is what the bay needs.. what indie rap needs..
B12 and Cuda much support

@Cuda ive been trying to get at you for the last 2 weeks but i cant get past your secretary. When you get a chance give me a call or email.
Thanks and much love/support to this cause..
could be the begining of something BIG..

eMDe

May 21, 2002
Brandon,
What about Oct. 18th or 19th. I'll be in Sac from the 11th to the 20th. I'd really like to kick this off then. I won't be able to get back to CA for a minute.

kev ski/ I take back what I said about you staying away and not responding to any of my posts. After reading what you've said I feel that you're a very frustrated individual. I hope this game treats you better in the future, but try and keep an open mind.
Cuda

May 21, 2002
eMDe/ You can call me @ 602.696.3435 after Tuesday. When I'm on-line (like now) my extension becomes lit with DND (do not disturb). So if you see me on the Siccness M-F/8-4:30 call that number or simply tell the receptionist you're from the Siccness. I take those calls over evrything else.
Hit me. I don't want any of you guys to think that I'm unaccessible.
Cuda

S

skyballer

BEING PART OF YOUR NETWORK

WHATS UP PLAYAS. FIRST OF ALL IM FROM HOUSTON TEXAS.. WHICH IS THE MECCA OF INDEPENDANT DOWN SOUTH RAP.. THE MAJORS ARE LIKE FUCKEN VOULTURES DOWN HERE TRYING TO PICK EVERYBODY AND THEY FUCKEN MAMA UP, AND THE MARKET IS WIDE OPEN DOWN HERE. I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I BEEN A BAR AREA FAN FOR THE LONGEST.. WHEN I FIRST HEARD TOO SHORT IN THE LATE 80'S, AND E-40 IN THE EARLY 90'S INCLUDING SPICE 1..YALL HAVE HAD MY ATTENTION EVERY SINCE.. I DONT THINK THE BAY IS DEAD AT ALL.. I THINK NIGGAZ, AND INCLUDING THE HOMETOWN, AND RADIO JUST NEEDS TO BE MORE SUPPORTIVE. I HAVE A LABLE OUT HERE, AND I WANT TO NETWORK WITH SOME OF YOU CATZ.. SO IF YALL DOWN LET ME KNOW.. SHIT ILL EVEN PUT OUT A BAY AREA SCREW CD IN MY REGIN, AND YALLS REGION IF YOU DOWN..
.. THAT SHIT SELLS LIKE HOT CAKES OUT HERE, AND IT GETS YOU HEARD.. WHEN A NIIIGA GETS FAMILAR WITH YOU, ON THEM CD'S THEY GONNA COP YA SHIT
AND WOULD I WQOULD LIKE TO BE ON SOME OF YALLS MIX CD'S AND SHIT.. I GOT SOME HOT GANGSTA SHIT MAN.. IL LET YOU HEAR IT. SO DO A LABEL HAVE TO BE FROM THE BAY TO BE PART OF THIS COALITION? IF NOT I WOULD LIKE TO BE DOWN, THIS COULD BE SOMETHIN NEW.. ALOT OF CROSS PROMOTION

HOLLA BACK AT ME AT [email protected]

May 21, 2002
Retail Support/ I've already been given the word that I'll have the cooperation from FYE, Camelot, Circuit City,Disc Jockey and Second Spin. The states that I'm concentrating on are CA, OR, WA and OR.
The total is 170 stores. I started soliciting the support from these stores today and got the word back today.
WE JUST HAVE TO COME TIGHT!
I'll update 2morrow!
Cuda

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
If there's gonna be a "panel" then it needs to be a diverse one...People who will like gangsta shit as well as hip-hop shit...cause we're all Bay affiliated, yet I know alot of people will discount something that's "different"....and hell, I mean I've been in this since 93 myself but I wouldn't wanna be on the panel cause I KNOW I'm biased!

Apr 25, 2002
www.masteredtrax.com
Fo Show

I agree with the DJ himself, it has to be people that are open to different styles and it won't be easy being able to find these people that are not biased. I know I am not only trying to do bay area rap and a lot of others probly are not as well, I know I plan on doing some rap, some hip hop, some R&B and I would like to try some other stuff also.

G

getoboy

If you want to bring the bay to the forefront, then go to war with Roca Fella. Real Talk

May 10, 2002
www.myspace.com
DJ Mark 7 said:
If there's gonna be a "panel" then it needs to be a diverse one...People who will like gangsta shit as well as hip-hop shit...cause we're all Bay affiliated, yet I know alot of people will discount something that's "different
Yeah I'm feelin you on that point. The panel must be diverse because the bay is so diverse.
Whats funny, is that we (NU Realm) have a very diverse artist roster and every album we release the market always throws us twist. For example, we been releasing albums since 98/99 and before it was easy to get in with consignments and almost every store. Now, its a big process and the stores are screening the albums they accept on the shelve, which I think is a step in the right direction.
One problem I did run into with this was at Amoeba in berkeley and though I feel I'm bringin him (the buyer) a quality product to sell for profit, he didn't see it that way. The album is diverse as hell but he wanted to see the big features on it. I understand his view, but I'm walkin in there with invoices from stores down the street and he still didn't budge. He felt it wouldn't move so he took 1 copy. I gave him 5 for free just to let em know..........The next day we came back with a boombox and stood outside that store and sold 50 copies right out the backpack. We probaly took about $200 dollars profit away from him just because a solo artist put out a solo album with hardly any features..........

The point is that what makes a project qualify for support? The panel reviews the album but by what criteria? I think this will play an important role in a album's and artists future with the network. I feel honesty is the key in judging the music, but politics is a bitch that we all have fuck with.....And sometimes 3's a crowd. Remember though, that we are in the music BUSINESS, and although you might not feel the same thing I feel when you listen to our music but somebody out there does..... and I make it my business to find them.

The underground is alive and well

Apr 25, 2002
JDosianico said:

The point is that what makes a project qualify for support? The panel reviews the album but by what criteria? I think this will play an important role in a album's and artists future with the network. I feel honesty is the key in judging the music, but politics is a bitch that we all have fuck with.....And sometimes 3's a crowd. Remember though, that we are in the music BUSINESS, and although you might not feel the same thing I feel when you listen to our music but somebody out there does..... and I make it my business to find them.

The underground is alive and well
well...everyone has different tastes in music...that's known...but good music is good music whether or not you like it, you have to appreciate it...if cats put the heart into their work, it will show, whether recorded on a Kareoke Machine or a 48 track studio...I think the heart, determination and will power will show through your actions, ideas, and in this case most importantly music...which i think should play a heavy factor in the decision process

May 11, 2002
Just looked at this post so, to answer your questions...

Big C said:

My first question to you, the label, is what kind of time would you be willing to give to uniting Bay Area labels?

Depends on rewards and foreseeable benefits. But think of MLB revenue sharing... Do the Yankees really give a fuck about the Expos? Does a big time rapper wanna help out a little one?

Would you be willing to pay dues?

Nope, I think this should pay us really, not the other way around. Plus there's a thing called trust, and if u didn't notice there's not a lot of it in the rap industry, and for good reason...

Would you be willing to reduce the cost of your CD to your distributor, so we can MAKE SURE the list price come down to a competitive price?

Yes

Would you be willing to help with drop shipments?

Again, is it worth your/my time?

Would you be willing to help hand out the next labels POP?

POP? (point of purchase??) if you mean flyers, fuck no, cause i'm gonna be promoting MY shit

Would you be willing to give up concert information so that another label that has a CD dropping can get some exposure?

Um, sure I guess. Would you be willing to give somebody a contact even if you didn't know em that well?

Would you be willing to go to radio and help shop radio friendly cuts?

No, because its futile

Would you be willing to call retail and request a title from OUR organization that has a title dropping?

YES!!!

Would you be willing to call radio and request a song that we know they have because we dropped it off the previous week?

Depends how long I cave to wait on the damn phone

Would you be willing to tag OUR organizations logo on your release?

Depends on what it stands for and what it does for me. You scratch my back I scratch yours

Would you be willing to smash as a huge unit to shows and represent Bay Area (Cali) rap, your label and OUR organization as often as we can organize it?

YES!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nice questions, kinda idealistic...