Blade Runner?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
If we're recommending older sci-fi, Rollerball is an under appreciated classic. It spoke on a lot of social issues from the past that still ring very true today.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Anyone who took part in the remake deserves to be beheaded imo. I had to buy a copy of the original when Hollywood Video went out of business. One of the best "action" movies ever made imo.

Sep 17, 2007
Bladerunner is a classic film. i hope they never a make a remake. That movie was ahead of its time to me when i was younger.

May 16, 2002
The movie Blade Runner has more of a cult following. Edward James Olmos earliest roles in where the speaks in a mixture of 10 different languages. Harrison Ford's sleeper film which I believe came out after Raiders of the Lost Ark & Jedi.

My only recommendation would be to watch the original cut of the film. I honestly think the O.G. version is at it's best with narration and gives you a better inside look as to what is going on (from a different angle.)

Blade Runner is based off a book, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" By: Philip K. Dick.

Dec 26, 2004
Ive been meaning to watch this but never made the time, plus I wanna watch it undisturbed. Anyone read da book?

Meaning to watch Rollerball too, always heard its a recommend.

Aug 19, 2004
Ive been meaning to watch this but never made the time, plus I wanna watch it undisturbed. Anyone read da book?
I read a little but it's very, very different from the film. It's still good though. The author also wrote the original story for TOTAL RECALL. I would recommend any collection of his short stories.

@Gemini
I saw the Director's Cut first then the Theatrical Version and was like "what the hell is this!?" Ford's narration was horrible (and done so on purpose). But yeah, it did put some stuff out there that most people wouldn't have thought about.

May 16, 2002
@Gemini
I saw the Director's Cut first then the Theatrical Version and was like "what the hell is this!?" Ford's narration was horrible (and done so on purpose). But yeah, it did put some stuff out there that most people wouldn't have thought about.

Yeah, I see what your saying. I think it's a case of which version we saw first & feel that is the best version to run with.

Either way it's a great film IMO.