anyone fuck with the tivo or google tv or comcast DVR

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
I got Tivo. I think its awesome, almost 7 years old and still kickin.

Tivo has a monthly subscription charge or (?)$300(?) lifetime fee. You can plug it into your desktop and transfer tv show you want to keep which play on your ipod or psp. and if its hooked to the net you can stream podcasts and amazon ondemand movies straight to it.

Comcast- already has xfinity ondemand on it, I imagine you can transfer show to your desktop, but havent tried. and xfinity already streams anything youd already get on your ondemand box through their website. monthly service fee that adds to the alredy existing box rental.

*Tivo & comcast cable boxes do not work well with each other

Dont know much about google tv except that many carriers and distributors are denying them content (fox, comcast, etc)

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
yeah the more i look into google tv the less appealing its become....seriously major networks are blocked...i dont need my tv acting as a large computer screen that can only do half my computer does...

comcast xfinity which i have now...sucks...its slow..a few HD channels freeze/lock up/skip and sometimes drop out...i dont have a DVR just an HD box

apparently comcast offers tivo service is some areas...but not mine

i just wonder if its cost effective to get tivo service...they say you save money by returning your comcast box which is rented monthly...but the tivo service costs as well...

Aug 23, 2002
Google T.V. Is going to suck until they can get it rooted and mask the part of the box that is read on sites like fox.com, nbc.com, etc.

Don't know much about the Comcast, but I would definately look into it.

The best option going for you right now is the TiVo. Its time tested and everyone i know loves the Tivo. It costs, yes, but in the long run most of the people that bought it that i know love it.

Jun 9, 2007
i just wonder if its cost effective to get tivo service...they say you save money by returning your comcast box which is rented monthly...but the tivo service costs as well...
when I had comcast, you still needed a comcast box to communicate with the TiVo or it wouldnt work... looks like they've changed that in at least some areas since then?

http://www.comcast.com/tivo/faqs.html

Says you don't need to pay a separate fee to TiVo for it.

either way, TiVo shits on Comcast regular HDDVR's.

Jun 9, 2007
shit, just saw you said the TiVo that Comcast offers isn't available in your area..

honestly, I'd say... FUCK Comcast and get DirecTV if you can. lol