143 million pounds of beef being recalled

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2006
Some countries just started allowing USA beef back into their country form the last time this happened. Japan in particular, before this, wanted each and every cow tested for mad cow which the USA beef industry was saying that's so unnecessary and costly. I am not so sure people eating the beef will think it's unnecessary at this point. But be careful what you say, the beef industry will sue you for talking bad on their meat.

Mar 4, 2007
actuaaaallly...
this is somewhat true. lol.

i know atleast that i smell better haha...

like if you think about it makes sense, like, um if your eating meat, let's say everyday, ok, a hamburger or a chicken breast, then chew it, like what? 20 times, then you swallow these little pieces of meat then your body processes them, thenn the acid in your stomach gets to it, but there are still some 'bigger' chunks, that of course don't get broken down completely(you know when you shit like a whole pinto bean or pieces of rice) so while its in your body even after it passes through your stomach, what is your body temp? 96.8, right? so when you leave meat out in hot weather, what happens? it starts to rot(decay, i don't know the best word for it) and smell funky, even if its cooked, right? so while your body is processing meat everyday then these chunks are gettin all funky smellin in your body, and if you eat meat more than once a day, lets say, every meal, then what is goin on? and then think about your colon, like you don't shit each and every last bit of shit everytime you do, unless you do an enema after EVERY time you shit(which you shouldn't do anyways!) then this meat is just chilin sittin in your colon and gettin funkier and funkier, and if you keep eating large amounts of meat then yeah....

like i know vegetables and fruits and stuff like that rots, and what-not but rotting fruits and vegetables don't smell funky until weeks later and by that time, it is probably out of your body finally from all the bowel movements...

but i aint sayin my shit don't stink, it just don't stink as bad and as often :ermm:

lol @ those lettuce bikinis tho, you know that was either in santa cruz or san francisco....2-0-6, am i right?

but yeaaaaaaah....
i dunno i just wanted to rant.ya'll are gonna say"fuck that, i like my meat" anyways....

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Yeah fuck beef! I'm going to stick to fruit and veggies!

Based on approximately 1,600 food-poisoning outbreaks affecting more than 70,000 individuals between 1990 and 2001, CSPI found:
• Contaminated seafood caused the highest number of outbreaks. It was the vehicle in 340 outbreaks with 5,133 cases of food poisoning between 1990 and 2001.
• Contaminated eggs and egg-dishes caused 271 outbreaks with 10,827 cases.
• Contaminated produce, including sprouts, lettuce, berries, and cantaloupe, caused 148 outbreaks with 10,504 cases of food poisoning.
• Contaminated beef was the meat product most likely to cause an outbreak. There were 134 outbreaks with 6,089 cases of food poisoning linked to this food.
• Contaminated poultry caused 79 outbreaks, representing 4,279 cases.
• Contaminated multi-ingredient foods, such as salads, pizza, and sandwiches, caused a total of 337 outbreaks and 23,142 cases of food poisoning.

May 15, 2002
Seriously, your chance of getting food poisoning is extremely low, regardless of what goes on at these places. Look at the stats Tony gave above, then consider what percent of the US population gets food poisoning. A tiny fraction of one percent. It's not a huge risk. The human body is tougher than you want to believe.

May 2, 2002
Immobile cows whose hides are caked with manure can be seen being rammed with forklifts, jabbed in the eyes, dragged along by chains, shocked and subjected to simulated drowning with high-pressure hoses to get them on their feet in the so-called “kill box” of the facility.
I thought Vick was in jail?

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Based on approximately 1,600 food-poisoning outbreaks affecting more than 70,000 individuals between 1990 and 2001, CSPI found:
• Contaminated seafood caused the highest number of outbreaks. It was the vehicle in 340 outbreaks with 5,133 cases of food poisoning between 1990 and 2001.
• Contaminated eggs and egg-dishes caused 271 outbreaks with 10,827 cases.
• Contaminated produce, including sprouts, lettuce, berries, and cantaloupe, caused 148 outbreaks with 10,504 cases of food poisoning.
• Contaminated beef was the meat product most likely to cause an outbreak. There were 134 outbreaks with 6,089 cases of food poisoning linked to this food.
• Contaminated poultry caused 79 outbreaks, representing 4,279 cases.
• Contaminated multi-ingredient foods, such as salads, pizza, and sandwiches, caused a total of 337 outbreaks and 23,142 cases of food poisoning.
Damn, this thread died...

Dec 18, 2002
Food poisoning is the fault of the distributors of the product. Would you rather be vegetarian and have a 2% higher chance of food poisoning or eat meat everyday and have a higher chance of colon cancer, obesity, diabetes, ETC!

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
its all these pesticides and other garbage that is sprayed on food......instead of keepin us healthy it makes people sick.....why are they even feedin birds lead pellets in the first place.....did these feeders forget that lead can kill people if enough of it isconsumed

Mar 4, 2007
Food poisoning is the fault of the distributors of the product. Would you rather be vegetarian and have a 2% higher chance of food poisoning or eat meat everyday and have a higher chance of colon cancer, obesity, diabetes, ETC!
aye, how many meat eaters does it take to screw in a light bulb?
none, they like to live in the dark.

Nov 20, 2005
Congress Plans Slaughterhouse Subpoena
2 hours ago

LOS ANGELES — Members of Congress say they want answers from the owner of a Southern California slaughterhouse involved in last month's massive beef recall.

Congressman John Dingell says members of a House oversight subcommittee will meet Wednesday to vote for a subpoena of Hallmark/Westland Meat Co. owner Steve Mendell. The Michigan Democrat says Mendell will be required to testify next week on Capitol Hill. Mendell was a no-show at a meeting of the subcommittee last week.

Federal officials recalled 143 million pounds of beef last month after the Humane Society of the United States released undercover video showing workers at the slaughterhouse abusing sick and crippled cows.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
~k.