Straight Outta Compton 2015

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

reo

Banned
Feb 12, 2006
Rash of Shootings Mars Opening of 'Boyz' Film
July 14, 1991|SCOTT HARRIS and JIM HERRON ZAMORA | TIMES STAFF WRITERS
Email

A lethal rash of violence that marred the opening of "Boyz N the Hood," a movie depicting the struggles of growing up in South-Central Los Angeles, prompted several theaters Saturday to cancel the feature and many others to increase security amid fears of a repeat of Friday night's bloodshed.

Eleven people were wounded, one critically, as gunfire erupted in and around three Southern California theaters. Elsewhere, a Chicago man was killed, a Sacramento woman was severely wounded and many other people suffered injuries in at least 25 violent incidents as the film opened in more than 800 theaters nationwide.

The mayhem--largely blamed on street hoodlums by law enforcement authorities--triggered panic among theatergoers and a hectic search for suspects by police.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
i remember when boyz in tha hood came out fooz blasted at the screen and cleared the whole theater lol
Seen COLORS when it opened at the Gould Cinema in South San Jo with my brother & sister & some fools got clapped in the parking lot

I saw Boyz N The Hood at the white people theater, so no problems there.

When Juice dropped I was a junior in HS, it was thick as fuck at the movies that night in Milpitas & some dude ran in the theater sayin something like "anyone down with san jo come with me" ...half the room got up & left.

Me & my date went to see what the commotion was & there was a huge brawl out front of the place, looked like a riot & muhfuckers were getting shanked & asses were getting whooped.

Some B's C's shit.... NOT MY PROBLEM.

Apr 25, 2002
Rash of Shootings Mars Opening of 'Boyz' Film
July 14, 1991|SCOTT HARRIS and JIM HERRON ZAMORA | TIMES STAFF WRITERS
Email

A lethal rash of violence that marred the opening of "Boyz N the Hood," a movie depicting the struggles of growing up in South-Central Los Angeles, prompted several theaters Saturday to cancel the feature and many others to increase security amid fears of a repeat of Friday night's bloodshed.

Eleven people were wounded, one critically, as gunfire erupted in and around three Southern California theaters. Elsewhere, a Chicago man was killed, a Sacramento woman was severely wounded and many other people suffered injuries in at least 25 violent incidents as the film opened in more than 800 theaters nationwide.

The mayhem--largely blamed on street hoodlums by law enforcement authorities--triggered panic among theatergoers and a hectic search for suspects by police.

damn it went down at Boyz N the Hood. I can see that happening in certain cities back then, in retrospect. there was a B and C shooting at Colors here in Stockton back in the day. Gang Member Sought in Stockton Killing - Los Angeles Times. theatre owners probably didn't understand how real the movie was. Boyz is a little different, but still some real shit.

Colors and Boyz was more for the youngsters to understand. NWA is more for the older folks to understand. i'd be surprised if anything crazy happened. the biggest thing that will sell that movie to the youngsters is Dr. Dre. they only know of Eazy cus the aids and Cube for Are We There Yet. and they don't know Ren, Yella, or Arabian Prince.