Star Wars Fans. New Movie coming your thoughts.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
I'll be honest, I'm a bit more on the skeptic side when it comes to this new Star Wars coming. I'm seriously expecting a watered down over hyped movie. And I am a Star Wars fan.

I know Disney has done a good job as far a Marvel movies go, but have also screwed up movies like The Lone Ranger.

Your thoughts.

Dec 6, 2005
I am expecting a water downed movie just for the fact that Disney owns the rights to Star Wars now

I like J.J. Abrams as a director he is a true fan of the Sci-Fi genre. I thought he did a good job with the Star Trek films.

it's going to be interesting how it will turn out but I am definitely not getting my hopes up for it

May 16, 2002
I am expecting a water downed movie just for the fact that Disney owns the rights to Star Wars now

I like J.J. Abrams as a director he is a true fan of the Sci-Fi genre. I thought he did a good job with the Star Trek films.

it's going to be interesting how it will turn out but I am definitely not getting my hopes up for it
Exactly my thoughts in detail.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I think Disney will do better then Lucas Films did on Episode I, II, III. I think Lucas hurt his brand more then anyone.

Disney has a overall good track record. They know how big the Star War brand is - my only fear is not making it over the top kid friendly like Lucas did on Episode I, II, III.

Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
i think abrams is nerd enough to not let disney to fuck this up and im sure disney doesn't want to let fans down and have new episode 1-3 on their hands. doing this right will increase the merchandise sales after all

its great that lawrence kasdan is writing this, he wrote empire and return

they're shooting the movie on 35mm film, not digitally. also its fucking awesome they're using more scale models and practical effects than cgi. they want it to feel like old movies

right now everything about this project feels good

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
I was doubtful when disney got rights to marvel... But I think they did a decent job with the avengers.. I dont think they would spend 4billion dollars just to fuck it up.. If anything I think George Lucas was fucking up it.. With episodes I,II,III and altering the original trilogy so many times... Im actually looking forward to the new movies

May 16, 2002
If anything I think George Lucas was fucking up it.. With episodes I,II,III and altering the original trilogy so many times...
I personally thought "Return of the Jedi" sucked too. Coming off the cliffhanger, "The Empire Strikes Back." I expected a much better script. The movie seemed rushed. Like it was written & they ran with the first draft. The dialog & story I thought was weak. The Han Solo rescue, Jabba the Hut & Boba Fett demise was cheesy & with no build up. Like Lucas just wanted to end it & get to the Ewoks part. I think he could of dragged it out & kept the two important characters like Jabba & Boba Fett for a much better story. And killed them off later in the film. A much better death than what they got.

That whole fight scene in the desert was just terrible with the exception of Lea in the bikini.

The whole Luke & Lea being siblings & how that story unraveled... After watching it again not long ago with my kids, it seemed like it was written by a soap opera writer.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
jedi is dope as fuck, jabba part alone gives the classic status, so many great moments. then the battle between luke and emperor and when vader switch sides and throws emperor down the pit yo. you can feel vaders sadness when he looks down luke being electrified

current version ruined the ending with too long cgi celebration scene

i really hope they will release the original trilogy on bluray without any of that additional cgi shit

Props: :ab: and :ab:

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005

April 29th, Pinewood Studios, UK - Writer/Director/Producer J.J Abrams (top center right) at the cast read-through of Star Wars Episode VII at Pinewood Studios with (clockwise from right) Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and Writer Lawrence Kasdan. Copyright and Photo Credit: David James.

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.