Star Wars Fans. New Movie coming your thoughts.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
*crossing fingers for jar jar binks death scene in first 5 minutes of movie*
I fucking hated that thing. He pretty much ruined the whole 1st movie of those new ones. I think it's odd that nobody from the whole staff that worked on that movie noticed that Jar Jar Binks would fuck up that movie.

Jan 30, 2007
I personally thought "Return of the Jedi" sucked too. Coming off the cliffhanger, "The Empire Strikes Back." I expected a much better script. The movie seemed rushed. Like it was written & they ran with the first draft. The dialog & story I thought was weak. The Han Solo rescue, Jabba the Hut & Boba Fett demise was cheesy & with no build up. Like Lucas just wanted to end it & get to the Ewoks part. I think he could of dragged it out & kept the two important characters like Jabba & Boba Fett for a much better story. And killed them off later in the film. A much better death than what they got.

That whole fight scene in the desert was just terrible with the exception of Lea in the bikini.

The whole Luke & Lea being siblings & how that story unraveled... After watching it again not long ago with my kids, it seemed like it was written by a soap opera writer.

how dare you Gemini.....how fucking dare you!!!

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Looper Direct Rian Johnson To Make 2nd and 3rd Star Wars Films

'Star Wars': Rian Johnson Writing & Directing Next Two Movies

UPDATE, 11:55 AM: Rian Johnson hasn’t commented yet on his monumental new task of mounting the next two Star Wars films. Even better, he has borrowed the spirit of another space film, The Right Stuff, that perfectly explains how he must be feeling as he processes the daunting task ahead of him. I think he’s up to it. Glimpse it below Deadline’s original scoop.

PREVIOUS EXCLUSIVE, 11:16 AM: Rarely have I seen the revival of a film franchise stir so much fervor as Star Wars, among hot young filmmakers who grew up loving George Lucas’ original film trilogy. In a bombshell move, I’m told that Lucasfilm is making a deal with Looper writer-director Rian Johnson to write and direct Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX. Essentially, that means that the intention is for Johnson to take the baton from JJ Abrams, who has gotten the space franchise off the ground and is right now helming Episode VII. I don’t know too much more at this point, but it is in keeping with Disney and Lucasfilm’s strategy of entrusting the venerable franchise to the best and brightest writers and directors, including the spinoff films that are being directed by Chronicle‘s Josh Trank and Godzilla‘s Gareth Edwards.

Johnson will take over the core film franchise, and he’ll get started quickly and this will be his preoccupation for quite awhile. Technically, he’ll write that second treatment but the intention on both sides is that he direct the two installments. Joining him as producer will be Ram Bergman. Johnson made his directing debut on the respected indie Brick, and then jumped to mainstream science fiction by writing and directing Looper, an inventive time travel thriller that starred Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis. Bergman produced both of those films. It would be hard to imagine Johnson taking on a higher profile challenge than two consecutive Star Wars films. I’ll tell you more when I know it. Johnson is repped by CAA and attorney Stephen Clark.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
The movie has finished filming and has been given the name Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

'Star Wars: Episode VII' has a title: 'The Force Awakens' | Inside Movies | EW.com

The reveal comes as the movie finishes its final day of shooting (with many more months of post-production to come).

Now the heavy-duty fans will weigh in, and their judgment tends to be far less forgiving than The Emperor or Darth Vader. The one thing we can all agree on is it beats the hell out of The Phantom Menace, and although it strikes a little close to the vanilla side, it may be reassuring to some who are glad the new trilogy is going tried-and-true rather than skewing campy, vague, or avant-garde.

It does raise one question: Has the Force been … slumbering? We certainly saw it help Luke Skywalker launch those proton torpedoes into the thermal exhaust port of the original Death Star, and as “Weird Al” Yankovic sang in his immortal Kinks spoof Yoda “I picked up a box / I lifted some rocks / While I stood on my head.” The Force was certainly at work there, right. And the Dark Side was getting a workout helping Darth Vader crush windpipes of the people who disappointed him.

But remember Han Solo dismissing talk of the Force with “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” Maybe this energy that binds the galaxy together has only been visible to a select few, while the denizens of the galaxy put their faith in the science and technology of interstellar travel?

Whatever the case, the Force is hitting the snooze button for now. We won’t know the full story until 13 months from now.

The cast and crew of the J.J. Abrams film already celebrated their wrap party last weekend, although sources told EW there were still a few days left before the cameras at Pinewood Studios outside London. The shoot — spanning from the deserts of Abu Dhabi to the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire, England — was anything but smooth, having been thrown into crisis after Han Solo himself, Harrison Ford, broke his leg on set in an accident involving a falling door on the Millennium Falcon.

The set was also plagued by spoiler leaks — or was it? The flow of rumors and apparent concept images has been non-stop, but how much of it is accurate remains an open question. The grapevine got the title wrong, with some fan sites such as Ain’t It Cool News grabbing headlines by reporting that it had confirmed the film would be called The Ancient Fear.

Of course, Return of the Jedi was filmed under the fake title Blue Harvest, a common technique on high profile films to remain slightly more low-key. (The Avengers, for instance, was nicknamed Group Hug.)

The new Star Wars film, which picks up three decades after the events of Return of the Jedi, is headlined by original trilogy stars Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Kenny Baker (R2-D2), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), with new additions including Lupita Nyong’o (the best supporting actress Oscar-winner from 12 Years a Slave) and Gwendoline Christie, the 6-foot-3 British actress best known as the female knight Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones.

Other new additions include Adam Driver (Girls), Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis), John Boyega (Attack the Block), newcomer Daisy Ridley, performance-capture maestro Andy Serkis (Rise of the Planet of the Apes), Domhnall Gleeson (About Time), and the imperious Max von Sydow from The Exorcist.

Episode VII, er … The Force Awakens, produced by Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and veteran Abrams collaborator Bryan Burke, is set for release Dec. 18, 2015.

So do you like this title, or would you rather kiss a Wookiee?

Jan 30, 2007
Anthony Daniels says this could be better than Empire Strikes Back. I'm sure he is hyping it up per the studios request but i hope he is not bullshitting.

I'm diggin the title. The "leaks" from the set remind me alot of the original sets that were used before Jorge fucked it up with the last 3, (since 98% of the sets he used were fucking CGI)