Snowpiercer (Joon-ho Bong)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
Same director. But you're right, obviously they are not comparable. One is a classic. There is a in between for me, but this movie wasn't it. All good, I dig many of the French movies you used to post :)

Mar 18, 2003
Just watched it, great movie. Question: The end when the guy is speaking another language it flash's back the scenes where they were looking out the window, and when a snowflake was falling into the train. I'm assuming it was their feeling that it was safe to be outside. BUT the copy I was watching had no subtitles and that translation device was not audible. Were there supposed to be subtitles or are we left to assume what he was saying (even though Curtis understood and was responding)??

Anyways, great film, very original, Chris Evans was better than anything I've seen him in.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
Movie was awesome!! I knew about the film but stayed away from the trailers/reviews/synopsis. I blind bought the blu ray from Korea and I'm very glad with my purchase.

Another movie to keep an eye out is No Tears For The Dead (from director The Man From Nowhere).

May 6, 2002
Just watched it, great movie. Question: The end when the guy is speaking another language it flash's back the scenes where they were looking out the window, and when a snowflake was falling into the train. I'm assuming it was their feeling that it was safe to be outside. BUT the copy I was watching had no subtitles and that translation device was not audible. Were there supposed to be subtitles or are we left to assume what he was saying (even though Curtis understood and was responding)??

Anyways, great film, very original, Chris Evans was better than anything I've seen him in.
My copy did the same thing. You can find the script online. I read it a while ago but he was basically saying that people tried before but failed, but he wants to try because he rather live free outside than trapped at the front of the train. That plus something about the plane beginning to show and the ice is melting a bit so they could go inside there.

Don't quote me on it but that was the jist of it.

Props: :ab: and :ab: