Rise of the Planet of the Apes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
That trailer was creepy how they paired up the savagery with silence, but overall I think this kind of shit should have never been reimagined.

Make a movie about Bigfoot instead of another Planet of the Apes. They're further tarnishing one of the coolest movie titles by driving it into the ground.

And furthermore, the title itself is bouncy and way too long. It should have remained "Rise of the Apes".

Sep 17, 2007
always been a big fan of The Apes. I like the original shit alot more tho. Is that monkey bitch that looks like Michael Jackson gonna be in this?

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
them all in the trees looked fuckin crazy.

i enjoyed the first one, this looks way better.

then again, i am easily entertained.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I always wanted to see an apes movie continue on right after he lands on earth and they are all apes..

Aug 19, 2004
It looks really good but it's confusing. This isn't a sequel or prequel to the Burton remake, but a midquel to the original series, but the original series already explained how the apes took over.

Either way, they're all good films. Even the Burton one was good, but mostly for the visuals. It didn't capture the horror and craziness of the original. Like how Charlton Heston was trying to prove that his buddy could also talk like him but...

Feb 14, 2006
Anybody else seen this? Came out Friday. I thought it was good. But i watched a cam version so the CGI wasnt as distracting as some people say. Ill probably see it again on blu ray when it comes out.

Feb 14, 2006
Huh? Everything I've read/heard about it says that this is some of the best CGI ever.
Thats why i said "some" people. Theres some viewers who thought it took away from the movie. But what did they want? Live gorillas and apes to act out a scene? But im basing what i read at IMDB lol
I thought the facial expressions were pretty damn clean and that was a cam version.