The Raid red band trailer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 27, 2008
well this movie is actually a prequel :p as Evans wanted first made movie called Berandal but it was too expensive for Indonesia so he did plan b which is The Raid and adopted that it will continue in Berandal. there talks it might br a trilogy but Evans when i ask him did not really confirmrd it
yeah, on his blog he was saying he hoped it would turn into a trilogy. he'll certainly have a big enough budget for Berandal now. i was about to copp merantau last night, opinions on it?? also, OT, any opinions on Chocolate?

[video=youtube;Axf_EXzF_qM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axf_EXzF_qM[/video]

Jan 25, 2009
^^^^^
i like Merantau but u will see it is low budget flick and choreography is not that good like in The Raid (here is on another level compare to Merantau) and Chocolate was ok but nothing special -few good fight and thats it

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Any idea when this comes out in the U.S., either in theaters or on DVD? Probably on DVD because Americans are a bunch of faggots who can't appreciate Asian cinema and would rather watch Tom Cruise and Matt Damon doing fighting/martial arts scenes because they're "so skilled" in fighting than watch guys who have actually been training in it and do their stunts and take the lumps that come with it.

Feb 14, 2006
^^^^^
im curious who even watch cam versions? u must half blind half deaf to be able to watch those movies
lol I think a cam would be 3x worse with those afflictions.

Some CAMS are ok. After Inceptions HD Cam rip I havent bothered with cams until a TS of 21 Jump Street came out because it had none of the shit a cam would effect like CGI or special effects. Maybe one scene when the get high but that was it.
The Raid has too much going on to watch from a theater recording though.

Aug 11, 2005
The Raid (Hollywood Remake)

Is a sequel to The Raid inevitable, and what do you make of the news of a Hollywood remake?

Gareth Evans: Is there a sequel? Yes. We start working on it in September. And we start shooting in January, fingers crossed. Basically, we’ve got promotional work now which will keep us busy until the end of May, and so I want a summer holiday as a break – and then we’ll start working on the sequel.

In terms of the remake, that’s happening as well. I’m flattered by it – it’s great publicity for the original too, and for me it’s exciting, because the storyline is really stripped down in the original. There’s loads of different things they could do with it, loads of different ways they could explore it, but it needs a fresh pair of eyes to do it. I’ve exhausted my brain thinking of stuff to do in one building – I can’t think of any more ways to kill people with doors and stuff like that!

But yeah, I’m glad it’s happening, and the approach Screen Gems have taken is very respectful, and they’ve brought Yayan on board to do the choreography for them as well, so that’s great for them, because they can go off and learn a new skillset, and bring that back to us in Indonesia.

That's bullshit

Jan 25, 2009
about remake - old news
about sequel - The Raid is actually a prequel, cuz they didnt have enuff monye to do Berandal (a sequel -first part really) so they make plan b (the raid) first

so nothing new about this news ;)

May 14, 2002
Saw it yesterday, if you want to watch good action flick, this is the one to watch.

lmao at making a remake already by the way