The Raid red band trailer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
I glanced over that info and it said it was like rec 2 , which was a horror movie.

U posted it will be at FRIGHTfest . I Just assumed it was a horror movie.

Jan 25, 2009
^^^^^^^^^
ok, only similarity with Rec - action take place in building
and the reason why this movie will be showing on Frighfest i think is massive amount of violence in that flick

Jan 25, 2009
I saw this a month ago, when the fuck is it out? I'll take the indo version with english subs plz
i think it will be released in INdonesia by the end of the March and then it will come to US few weeks later so i think April/May and dvd will be out by end of the year

Jan 25, 2009
Just came back from screening and this movie is FUCKIN AWESOME !!!! Easily the best action movie in few years. I was hyped as Hell and still manage to surprise, if I have chance to see again will do it without hesitation. Everything is so good in that movie.
Everyone who planning to watch it - u are going for a treat

Oct 27, 2008
this shits getting some real positive reviews so far.

btw, its now going to be titled The Raid: Redemption. @ least in the US.

Truthfully, none of us, the guys at SPC included, wanted to change the title from the original. But once we knew we were going to expand the film into a sequel - possibly a trilogy it opened our eyes up to maybe the need for an all encompassing title that could work for all three films.

At first it was just something we toyed around with as an idea to start using with part 2, but then it became an essential thing to do from the get go. The reason why: we found out "The Raid" itself was not available for us to use as a title in the US.

We couldn't get clearance on it and believe me we all tried but with that task becoming impossible and a release date looming - we chose to go with our idea to add a word that reflected one of the elements from the first film. Redemption was the one that fit, and it beat losing The Raid completely after all the work we'd done to establish awareness of the film.
http://theraid-movie.blogspot.com/

^^ the movie's official news blog

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
Movie is coming out this Friday (3/23)... I really hope they release it in select theaters around the Seattle area. If not I'll have to wait for the dvd/blu ray release.

Oct 27, 2008
just saw this shit tonight. IMO it lived up to the hype. the hand-to-hand close-quarters combat in the film was amazing. it felt far more brutal & real than the fights in Jaa's films IMO, not to take anything away from Jaa. guns & knifes etc are incorporated into alot of the action, in such a way that when the hand-to-hand fights occured i never felt like "well why dont they just pull out a gun?"

the only real warning i'd give is--- this movie doesnt jump right into the martial arts. i expected it to, & thats what made the beginning feel a bit slow to me. for the record, this movie does NOT start out slow. nothing about it is slow or boring. but the first portion of the infiltration is focused on heavy gunplay & firepower. during those sequences, the shakiness of the camera worried me slightly because i didnt want the martial arts action to be marred by it--- & i was glad to see that the camera relaxed after all the explosive bullet-driven chaos.

as for the story, in knew it was going to be minimal going into it. what surprised me was that i did care about the plot twists, & that i think the ending could lead into a very interesting sequel.

the mob boss/kingpin druglord landlord of the building reminded me alot of Choi Min Sik in I Saw the Devil, & Mad Dog (Yayan Ruhian) is a fucking BEAST. he's the long-haired lil dude who'd rather fight than shoot, for those who've seen it. he also choreographed the shit, along with the main dude (Iko Uwais).

if anyone is in portland, this is playing at the theater across the street from lloyd center, & also @ cinema 21.

for an action/martial arts movie, this is a 9/10 to me. future classic.

Jan 25, 2009
as for the story, in knew it was going to be minimal going into it. what surprised me was that i did care about the plot twists, & that i think the ending could lead into a very interesting sequel.
well this movie is actually a prequel :p as Evans wanted first made movie called Berandal but it was too expensive for Indonesia so he did plan b which is The Raid and adopted that it will continue in Berandal. there talks it might br a trilogy but Evans when i ask him did not really confirmrd it

and this is the first teaser released in 2010 or 2011 dont remember now

[video=youtube;G0hYVksfyrQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0hYVksfyrQ[/video]

Aug 11, 2005
Seen it last night, great action flick! I recognized some of the actors, they were also in the movie Merantau. Iko Uwais is great, but his fighting stance looks a bit awkward sometimes, I still like Jaa better. Btw, Uwais might play Liu Kang in the new Mortal Kombat.

Jan 25, 2009
^^^^
not surprisingly u did recognize some people this is almost the same crew who made Merantau (director and Iko for example) and that stance is from Silat ;)