Official HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire' thread - May Contain SPOILERS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 23, 2009
Looked good so far, I'm gonna stick around for this.

I wonder how big of a role some of the bigger name guys they introduced are gonna have...

May 6, 2002
i stepped out for a minute the part where the pregnant girl goes to see "nucky", what did she tell him, why is he helping her?
She told him she had problems with her husband being a drunken gambler and asked that he get him a job. Instead he bought her out with a stack of cash.

I assume he did it because its a lot easier to pay someone off then deal with some drunk on your squad. Plus that lady is part of the women's prohibition movement so in effect he is supporting that group as well. So it was a win win.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Rewatching, it's better now that I'm able to see it from the start to end. Finally a HBO show that can compete with with Rescue Me and Breaking Bad. Well, at least I hope it can, let's see if they deliver on these high hopes.

May 16, 2002
i just watched it. i am pretty amazed by it. very good and it is only the 1st ep. i cant wait for the rest of the season to play out.

Feb 7, 2006
It's decent, no characters stick out yet, I think that's the problem I'm havin with the show...but it was only the 1st episode.

Aug 5, 2009
too theatrical to be like the wire
nah fam, i didn't mean they were trying to get a documentary type feel to it like the wire, to make it more gritty, you see what i'm saying

i meant in terms of the show looks like its gonna cover all aspects of the game, political, gangster shit and stuff like that, but obviously not as in depth as the wire

because i thought this shit was gonna be like the soprano's in the 20's or sumthin, which wouldn't have got any complaints from me neither, but they chose a diffrent route, which in my opinon works too, real talk

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Second episode had a good direction for the story but the actual direction of the actors was predictably less polished than the first episode. Although that's an incredibly tough act to follow for a tv director to pick up where Scorsese left off. I'm hopeful that the directors will get the hang of things after a while.