New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie+ Pics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
www.viiicdesign.com
I guess Johnny Knoxville is going to be the voice of Leonardo now.

Johnny Knoxville to Voice Leonardo in 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' | FirstShowing.net

Well, if the newly redesigned heroes in a half-shell in the recent teaser trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles didn't turn you off (though a fan "fixed" them using the magic of Photoshop), then this next bit of news might do the trick. The film had already cast Alan Ritchson as Raphael, Pete Ploszek as Leonardo, Jeremy Howard as Donatello, Noel Fisher as Michelangelo and Danny Woodburn as Splinter, but apparently the actors who took those roles knew their voice might be switched out for someone else. And that's what happened with at least one turtle as Deadline reports Johnny Knoxville will voice Leonardo.

In addition, Tony Shalhoub ("Monk" and Men in Black) has been brought in to voice the turtles' rat mentor Splinter. Knoxville isn't exactly known for his voice talents (or real acting talents), despite doing a couple episodes of "King of the Hill" and "SpongeBob SquarePants," so this voice casting just seems weird. Plus, you would think that he might be a better fit for Raphael or Michelangelo, but apparently director Jonathan Liebesman is happy with what Alan Ritchson and Noel Fisher delivered for those characters. Meanwhile, Shalhoub can certainly pull off Splinter, so that's no big deal. While I was interested to see more of TMNT after that teaser, Knoxville's casting has me concerned. Thoughts?

May 16, 2002
I guess Johnny Knoxville is going to be the voice of Leonardo now.

Johnny Knoxville to Voice Leonardo in 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' | FirstShowing.net

Well, if the newly redesigned heroes in a half-shell in the recent teaser trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles didn't turn you off (though a fan "fixed" them using the magic of Photoshop), then this next bit of news might do the trick. The film had already cast Alan Ritchson as Raphael, Pete Ploszek as Leonardo, Jeremy Howard as Donatello, Noel Fisher as Michelangelo and Danny Woodburn as Splinter, but apparently the actors who took those roles knew their voice might be switched out for someone else. And that's what happened with at least one turtle as Deadline reports Johnny Knoxville will voice Leonardo.

In addition, Tony Shalhoub ("Monk" and Men in Black) has been brought in to voice the turtles' rat mentor Splinter. Knoxville isn't exactly known for his voice talents (or real acting talents), despite doing a couple episodes of "King of the Hill" and "SpongeBob SquarePants," so this voice casting just seems weird. Plus, you would think that he might be a better fit for Raphael or Michelangelo, but apparently director Jonathan Liebesman is happy with what Alan Ritchson and Noel Fisher delivered for those characters. Meanwhile, Shalhoub can certainly pull off Splinter, so that's no big deal. While I was interested to see more of TMNT after that teaser, Knoxville's casting has me concerned. Thoughts?

Jan 30, 2007
Took my son to see this yesterday. I also went into it with low expectations being a Michael Bay film. The plot was pretty generic but it was decent and the CGI was ok. Megan Fox played her usual self (semi-good to look at). Would have been good to have Casey Jones in the plot but i guess they will save that for part 2. If they dont have Vanilla Ice in part 2 doin a Turtle Rap then i refuse to watch it

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
The splinter and shredder fight was bad ass usually splinter just sits in the side lines but he kicked ass in this one.. Elevator seen was cool.. Karai could of been better looking. Theres was no need for Eric Zachs if they needed a scientist they should of went with baxter stockman.. Overall I enjoyed to movie. Its making money so I'm looking forward to a sequel

Apr 20, 2003
I took the fam to watch this.... My kids loved it and I enjoyed it but not as much as the 90's versions, I guess I'm old school. Mickey was a fool in the film tho hahaha, even tho my childhood favorite turtle was Donatello from the old school movies and cartoons