Hollywood Is Getting Lazy, Cabin Fever Remake To Shoot Using Same Script of Original

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
'Cabin Fever' Remake Gets Cast, Shoots This Week -

We broke the news about the forthcoming Cabin Fever remake back in April.

Now, we’ve learned that the infection is spreading deep into Portland, OR. this week.

Our exclusive scoop was confirmed this morning that Eli Roth’s 2002 horror comedy Cabin Fever is getting a remake, with the original movie’s writer-director Roth returning as executive producer.

Here’s the bizarre part: The plan is to use the exact same script, penned by Roth and Randy Pearlstein, that was shot in 2002.

Armory Films, Cassian Elwes and Contend have joined together to produce the remake, with Travis Zariwny (Intruder) directing and Armory and Pelican Point Media financing.

The film stars Gage Golightly (“Teen Wolf”), Dustin Ingram (Paranormal Activity 3), Samuel Davis (“From Dusk Till Dawn” – TV), Matthew Daddario (Delivery Man) and Nadine Crocker (Deadgirl).

“Cabin Fever follows in Eli Roth’s original footsteps when a group of college students, who rent a cabin in the woods to do some partying, begin to fall victim to a flesh-eating virus and all hell breaks loose.”

It will be produced by Contend’s Evan Astrowsky, (who also produced the original film with Roth) and Armory Films’ Chris Lemole and Tim Zajaros. Cassian Elwes will executive produce along with Roth, Ike Suri and Jaclyn Ann Suri, and Peter Fruchtman.

“Travis had an amazing vision for my original script, and as a scary movie fan I really wanted to see it. I almost see this like re-staging a play, and I’m excited to see what ideas Travis and the cast bring to it. They’re all fans of the original and want to make a film that’s a new classic and I believe they will,” said Roth.

Additionally, the filmmakers plan to give the recently deceased Susan Jackson, who Executive Produced the original, a “dedicated to” title at the end of the film.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Hollywood been lazy. They have been trying to get people excited about showing "classic" movies at the theaters over here in the summer. I don't want to see ET or Back to the Future at the theater for as much as I could just buy it on blu ray

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Hollywood been lazy.
Yeah they've been lazy for a few years now, but I think this is the first time in history where a remake was made using literally the same exact script from the original. Usually they at least re-write it to create some kind of new spin, this time they were just like fuck it lol

What makes it worse is that it's only been 12 years since the original.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I didn't realize it had only been 12 years though. Damn, that is pretty bad. I think there have been movies where it was damn near the same script but I'd have to think about that. what gets me is that these movies end up being profitable somehow

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
A producer and a director have two vastly different jobs, parameters, and guidelines to structure. What Roth sees as character motivation, another director might not. It is lazy, in a sense that this movie isn't that old and the script isn't changing, however, with Roth essentially choosing actors and above-the-line workers, it could be a completely different film in both tone and visionary input.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
A producer and a director have two vastly different jobs, parameters, and guidelines to structure. What Roth sees as character motivation, another director might not. It is lazy, in a sense that this movie isn't that old and the script isn't changing, however, with Roth essentially choosing actors and above-the-line workers, it could be a completely different film in both tone and visionary input.
Roth was a producer on the original and had a part in choosing the actors and above-the-line workers in that too lol it was basically Eli Roth's production with the people who financed later selling it to a studio after the movie was already made.

He's producing this one with a few of the same producers as the original. Granted there's some more money involved in production this time.

I get what you're saying about a different director having a different vision, but at the same time this director has only directed low budget straight to video before, I have a feeling Eli Roth is gonna be sitting over this dude's shoulder.

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah they've been lazy for a few years now, but I think this is the first time in history where a remake was made using literally the same exact script from the original. Usually they at least re-write it to create some kind of new spin, this time they were just like fuck it lol

What makes it worse is that it's only been 12 years since the original.
The Psycho used the same script and was a shot for shot remake....Twas shit

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Roth was a producer on the original and had a part in choosing the actors and above-the-line workers in that too lol it was basically Eli Roth's production with the people who financed later selling it to a studio after the movie was already made.

He's producing this one with a few of the same producers as the original. Granted there's some more money involved in production this time.

I get what you're saying about a different director having a different vision, but at the same time this director has only directed low budget straight to video before, I have a feeling Eli Roth is gonna be sitting over this dude's shoulder.
That would go against Roth's character. I don't know him personally, but he had a difficult road to becoming a producer/director in Hollywood, and has always been outspoken about artistic freedom, so the notion that he'll be breathing down the neck of the guy he chose to direct a remake of his own film seems out of character.

Roth never half-asses anything he does, either, so worrying abut it's quality before it's made is moot. As executive producer, he has power of veto over all goings on with the film, but I don't see him abusing that just to lazily remake his film.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
I watched cabin fever on PCP at the movies at the end of the movie there was like a joke or something everyone started laughing and I threw up on reflex out of nowhere

I can't remember what happened but it fucked my brain up on command

weird moment in life I gotta re watch to see what did that lol
was so fucked up I could barely walk out the theatre I was doin the robot

then sat down on a curb whipped my dick out and pissed 2 feet in front of me to the horror of everyone walking out the movie good times

I'll see the new one based on memoriies

Last edited:

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
thought it was wack. the original was better even with the same script. a few things were different and those few things broke the deal for me.

i was watching dude start to fuck the broad and he goes to finger her and i tell my girl "watch shes gonna go oww oww oww and hes gonna pull out his hand with chunks of flesh on it and shit"

exact same thing. i mean i know it was gonna have the same shit but damn.
and i think they took out the ending. i stopped watching 20 minutes from the ending cuz it just got wack to me but ill prolly catch the end to make sure.

i didnt like how they explained how it was in the water tho, the last one it was more like dead bodies in the water, not some random nigga still alive breathing like a god damn fish under water that all the sudden wanted to tangle with bro in the water lol

if youre gonna watch this and you never saw cabin fever watch the original instead. it aint THAT old....a better film even with the same script, i dont even know why they put this shit out again because it wasnt even really that dope to begin with.

only type of shit you wanna see the same script of is like CLASSIC horror films, nightmare on elm street friday the 13th tecas chainsaw, shit like that.

Last edited: