HBO: True Detective

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
I came in here to say "Im so sick of cop/detective shows!" but that shit looks interesting. Definitely will be watching
Yeah. Reminds me a bit of Bong Joon-Ho's Memories of Murder. I hear this new series will play sort of like how American Horror Story does. As in, each season is a self-contained story completely set apart from each other.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
After 2 eps I'm not really feeling it. I mean, it's definitely watchable but it seems pretty cookie cutter all around. Also, if they get a second season, will they still do the same style of questioning them now about the 90s?

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^Giving up on it already? I agree that its slow, but it seems to be building up to something (hopefully).

and honestly unless it really picks up I dont see it getting a second season. I like it but I dont see it holding viewers like True Blood or Game of Thrones does (both of which I really dont care for)

I also like the contrast between time. It carries the story and develops tension. I like that Woody Harrelsons character starts off as the good cop but is a womanizing asshole, and Matthew McConaughey's character's background humanizes him and makes him less of an weirdo.

my not-so-bold gut feeling is that Matthew McConaughey has some sort of involvement-in both detaching himself from the case with his visions, to being way too close (involved) and he disassociates and pre-plans his clues to make it look like somethings breaking. I dont want to say or think hes the killer, because that would be gay, and I actually really hope hes not involved at all, but I dont see this being a straight detective breaking the case type of storyline.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
It's just a really generic show that doesn't do anything exceedingly well. Writing, acting, directing etc is all barely scraping by as serviceable.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
It's just a really generic show that doesn't do anything exceedingly well. Writing, acting, directing etc is all barely scraping by as serviceable.
Disagree. I'ts a nice dark show that isn't derivative of anything else out right now (maybe there are shades of the killing in there). And the acting is pretty damn good. Its nice to have a sunday night show to look forward to in the off season.