UFC 179: Aldo vs. Mendes 2 10/25/14

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Judges got it about right. There was no way Mendes won the fight i know that much. Obviously not really a chance to be a draw
Yeah Mendes didn't deserve the win. I had him winning 3 and 4, but just barely winning 3.

5 was close, but when its that close you kind of gotta give it to the champ.

May 6, 2002
True. Karate is very front heavy. It's always good to know both (Karate and Muay Thai) since both stances have their benefits, but people can tell if you start to shift a lot.

I thought Mendes won 2 rounds. I like Beneil Dariush. He seems to do the basics extremely well. Nothing fancy. Just sound technicals. Sort of like the Danny Garcia of MMA or what GSP used to be (when he first started). If he builds on those I think he can go really far.

Feb 10, 2006
That shit at the end of round 1 swayed me, I'm actually rooting for Mendes now lol

Their first fight it was an Aldo fence grab that led to the knee KO and now this fight he almost KO'd him way after the bell. Some bullshit.

both Marc Goddard and Dana said that place was so loud they could not hear the bell, not even the seconds warning. That place was roccin! Dope fight btw, fight of the year for me, close rounds but the only round that stood a chance for Mendes was round 4. I htought aldo clearly damaged Chad more in the other rounds. 49-46 was my scorecard. Conor better not fucc this up tho, Brazil vs Ireland would be insane!

This is what Aldo said in the post fight interview lol. Translator got it wrong he called Conor a joker like he was praising him, which in reality it was the complete opposite lol. "The division is all set now. I'm the king, Chad is the prince and now we've got the fool"

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2006
heres the stats

do not agree with the knoccdowns at all, Mendes had 1 on Aldo, i think Aldo dropped him 3 times

Last edited: