UFC 172: Jones vs. Teixeira - 4/26

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU

main CARD
Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira
for light heavyweight title
Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson
Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold
Yancy Medeiros vs. Jim Miller
Andre Fili vs. Max Holloway

preliminary CARD
FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
Joseph Benavidez vs. Timothy Elliott
Takanori Gomi vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
Bethe Correia vs. Jessamyn Duke
Joe Ellenberger vs. Vagner Rocha

preliminary CARD
UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET
Charlie Brenneman vs. Danny Castillo
Chris Beal vs. Patrick Williams

Feb 10, 2006
With Jones speed, reach and footwork, I can see him getting a pretty easy decision or late tko. Glover hits hard but is too slow imo, he also lags when it comes to cutting/angling off the octagon. I also think with Tex having one punch ko power and ANYTHING can happen in mma, I can see Bones taking him down one after the other.

Apr 26, 2002
Don't kno if the arm extensions are ILLEGAL or not, but I would think if they were, fighters tweets would be a lot different then they are. Everyone damn near givin bones props. I would also think glover and his corner woulda said somethin post fight interview. Either way, glover got dominated, eye pokes had nothin to do with it. I've been eye poked ONCE in sparring. Eyes were red for bout 4 days, couldn't hardly see out of it after it happened. Glover HARDLY got eye poked. Arm extensions are an effective weapon for taller fighters to use against shorter fighters. U cradle their heads in the palm, u control the head. U control the head, u control the body. Fighters cover the mouths and nose of their opponent ALL THE TIME when their in guard to disrupt the breathing. Y isn't that "illegal" or "cheating"? The jones hate is ridiculous.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Don't kno if the arm extensions are ILLEGAL or not, but I would think if they were, fighters tweets would be a lot different then they are. Everyone damn near givin bones props. I would also think glover and his corner woulda said somethin post fight interview. Either way, glover got dominated, eye pokes had nothin to do with it. I've been eye poked ONCE in sparring. Eyes were red for bout 4 days, couldn't hardly see out of it after it happened. Glover HARDLY got eye poked. Arm extensions are an effective weapon for taller fighters to use against shorter fighters. U cradle their heads in the palm, u control the head. U control the head, u control the body. Fighters cover the mouths and nose of their opponent ALL THE TIME when their in guard to disrupt the breathing. Y isn't that "illegal" or "cheating"? The jones hate is ridiculous.
Arm extensions aren't illegal, open extended fingers resting on his face are. Also i'm not a Jones hater at all, dude put on a dope fight, nothing but props, but Mirgliotta should have put a stop to that shit. Big John and Herb Dean are pitbulls when it comes to that lol they threaten points without even an eyepoke.

guess I was wrong about my predictions. Missed the fights, I'm guessing Bones eyepoked and kicked Glover in the knee for the first 2 rounds?
Yeah Glover got poked in the eye twice in the first couple of rounds, wasn't too bad though, Glover didn't even stop when the ref offered him the 5 minutes.