TUF 19 Finale Frankie Edgar vs. B.J. Penn - Tonight

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
main CARD
FOX Sports 1, 9 p.m. ET
Frankie Edgar vs. B.J. Penn
Corey Anderson vs. Matt Van Buren
light heavyweight tournament final
Eddie Gordon vs. Dhiego Lima
middleweight tournament final
Guto Inocente vs. Derrick Lewis
Dustin Ortiz vs. Justin Scoggins

preliminary CARD
FOX Sports 1, 7 p.m. ET
Kevin Lee vs. Jesse Ronson
Leandro Issa vs. Jumabieke Tuerxun
Adriano Martins vs. Juan Manuel Puig
Dan Spohn vs. Patrick Walsh

preliminary CARD
UFC Fight Pass, 6 p.m. ET
Alexis Dufresne vs. Sarah Moras
Keith Berish vs. Robert Drysdale

Apr 26, 2002
BJ had money before he started fighting tho. He just doesn't want to stop fighting
Yea, I already kno his fam is well off. But truly I don't c a reason for the way he fought tonight. I have money, but more never hurts. A quicc 25 minute paychecc. He doesn't want to stop "fighting", but he didn't even FIGHT tonight. He flicced his jabs out. No power in any of his punches. Maybe his game plan was to get taken down and wear Edgar out on the ground and later turn it up. We'll never kno.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I think that Nick Diaz fight took BJ's fighting soul. BJ used to fight aggressive as fuck, after Diaz turned him in to a punching bag he's acted passive as hell. He was really passive in the Rory fight also, even before Rory turned it up on him.

There's always that one fight a fighter has that changes them and I think that was the Diaz fight for BJ.

If BJ would have just stayed at Lightweight I don't think he would have declined the way he did honestly.

Apr 26, 2002
I retract my above statement:

Penn realized that was time to retire, and why, in the cage, right before the fight was stopped in the 3rd due to elbows.
“When the blood started going in my eyes and everything and the fight started getting real tough, I realized it takes a high, high energy level to compete with the top people in the world,” said Penn. “You can have every technique figured out, you can have this and that and all your theories ready to go, and at the end of the line is you need a high energy to compete against these guys.
“They’re very hungry, they want to be the best. I can sit here a thousand times and say the sport passed me by, but there’s just such quality people in the UFC at the moment.
“You look at somebody like Frankie Edgar, and you think, ‘That little guy,’ but these guys, they want it. And even if you’re sitting there and you think you’ve got something figured out, or you’re going to surprise somebody with (something), first thing you’ve got to do is have more heart than these guys. That’s what all these people have a lot more (of). You can’t see that looking at them; you can only see it by feeling it.”

Pure poetry

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
BJ Penn has been done but one thing the UFC does well is giving their fighters virtually every chance to make a come back if they still want to fight. But for Penn, it's been over for awhile.