Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs. Marcos "Chino" Maidana May 3rd

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 10, 2008
Don't you remember that right after his loss I changed his name to Adrien Berto/Andre Broner? He willingly walks in Floyd's shadow and enjoys it.
If it was ever cool to "walk in the shadows" of a boxer, Floyd Mayweather Jr. would be that guy to follow. You would be following him all the way to the BANK, collecting checks and living GREAT (like Frosted Flakes) I see no problem with Adrien Broner following in the footsteps of Money May, because Mayweather is the definition of Boxing, and he's a great businessmen. Smart move

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2008
The problem with The Problem is he only follows Floyd in terms of wanting to make lots of money and living that kind of lifestyle. Floyd is one of the hardest workers in the sport and is extremely dedicated. Broner is not (we've never seen Floyd fat, ever.).
Adrien Broner is very young and arrogant, It was great to see Marcos Maidana Humble his ass. I very much enjoyed it, but if Broner learns from that defeat and dedicates himself to the Sport of Boxing, he will bounce back, trust. He has the skill set, he just needs to leave that party lifestyle alone and get his mental right. He can start with Amir Khan

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
If it was ever cool to "walk in the shadows" of a boxer, Floyd Mayweather Jr. would be that guy to follow. You would be following him all the way to the BANK, collecting checks and living GREAT (like Frosted Flakes) I see no problem with Adrien Broner following in the footsteps of Money May, because Mayweather is the definition of Boxing, and he's a great businessmen. Smart move
There is a difference between following in someones footsteps and walking in someones shadow. One requires you to follow direction and step out and be your own man. The other demands being sycophantic.

Broner has CLEARLY shown which side of the fence he falls on.

Aug 10, 2008
There is a difference between following in someones footsteps and walking in someones shadow. One requires you to follow direction and step out and be your own man. The other demands being sycophantic.

Broner has CLEARLY shown which side of the fence he falls on.
Adrien Broner has only one defeat. He has much more to prove in the sport of boxing. You can't judge him off one loss. Now if he get's his ass handed to him again, then , well, I agree.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I don't know if anyone has ever heard this saying, but I've heard someone say that this group of young skaters that were treated like celebrities in the 80's and early 90's and he said "we bought in to our bulls***." It is one thing to appear cocky and arrogant which Floyd does really well. Broner really started to believe that he was bulletproof in there and couldn't be beat. Not to mention, he leaves his damn mouth open when he punches, I can't say that enough. He was humbled once, but I don't know that he's learned the lesson. From everything I've seen, he feels like he slipped on that night and it will never happen again. Everyone loses at something sooner or later. But don't lose the lesson.

Aug 10, 2008
He's not talking about his loss he's talking about his character. One loss, two losses, fifteen losses doesn't mean shit in the long run.
I couldn't care less about his character, as long as he backs it up in the ring, Who gives a fuck. Yall talking about this brotha like yall know him personally or something, lol. All that outside the ring shit is just entertainment. If he wasn't doing any of that shit, yall wouldn't be talking about him.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I couldn't care less about his character, as long as he backs it up in the ring, Who gives a fuck. Yall talking about this brotha like yall know him personally or something, lol. All that outside the ring shit is just entertainment. If he wasn't doing any of that shit, yall wouldn't be talking about him.
The problem is he doesn't back it up in the ring. Broner was completely dismantled in his last fight. In the fight before that he went 12 with a boxing commentator. It can be argued that the Ponce de Leon win was a robbery and that the lower weight divisions actually lacked top tier competition.

Who gives a fuck? He should give a fuck and you have your opinion of him just like everyone else so does that mean you are acting like you know him? And his antics outside of the ring reflect his in ring behavior and I honestly believe that a lot of people, who do like Broner, do so because of the coonery that has been mislabled as "entertainment."

So if one is to follow in Floyd's steps follow what got him there. Hard work, focus, strict dedication to his craft and the mastery of it. You want to walk in Floyds shadow and always be compared to him in every way possible (while doing only one positive thing that Floyd didn't) then pull a Broner.

Floyd beats Maidana where does it leave Broner?
Maidana beats Floyd where does it leave Broner?
Broner gets beat by Khan?

See what walking in the next mans shadow gets you? Second place. Third. Fourth. Fifth...etc.

Last edited: